Soul-Calendar, Week 37 after Easter (WINTER)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 240 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign (one of 5 shades of purple we can't yet actually perceive) ---- is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 3 7 (WINTER)  *

    Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht

    Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb

    Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime

    In Weltengrunden wurzeln

    Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel

    Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

    "To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,

    Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive

    That light-filled Soul-Seeds

    In World-Ground take root

    And God's Word in Senses' Darkness

    Makes clear all Being it resounds through."

     An interpretation of the mantra:

       Throughout the Fall and Winter our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to Nature-Consciousness) grows.

        Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed through use of the mantra, saying that, if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others.

       This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the mantric work we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darkness of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 12th. Moon Pisces. Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

    Monday,  December 13th.  Moon Pisces. First Quarter.
     Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

    Tuesday,  December 14th. Moon Aries. Tycho Brahe born 1546.

    Wednesday,  December 15thMoon Aries. St. Ignatius.

    Thursday,  December 16thMoon Taurus.  Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

    Friday,  December 17th. Moon Taurus. Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

    Saturday,   December 18th. Moon Gemini. Lamarck died 1829.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    Brilliant white JUPITER is high in the south at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky till after midnight. The moon is seen close to it Monday night.

    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 7  *

    Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht

    Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb

    Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime

    In Weltengrunden wurzeln

    Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel

    Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

    To carry Spirit-Light in this World-Winter-Night,

    Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive

    So that light-filled Soul-Seeds

    In World-Ground may take root

    And God's Word in Senses' Darkness

    Makes clear all Being it resounds through.

        In winter we develop our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to summer's "Nature Consciousness").

        Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed through use of the mantra, saying that, if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others.

        This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the work with the mantra, we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darknesss of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 1st. Moon Aries. Ulrich Zwingli born 1484.

    Monday,  January 2nd. Moon Taurus.   Adam's Sons Abel and Seth. Melchior, one of the holy 3 Kings. Lavater died 1801.

    Tuesday, January 3rd. Moon Taurus.   Caspar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Enoch, Father of Methusalah. Slavery lifted in North America 1865. Balthasar, one of the holy 3 Kings.

    Wednesday,  January 4th. Moon Taurus.  Methusalah, died shortly before the Flood, which legend says happened in his 969th year. Jacob Grimm born 1785. Mos. Mendelssohn died 1786.

    Thursday,  January 5th. Moon Gemini. 12th Day of Christmas. Francis Drake died 1596.

    Friday,  January 6th. Moon Gemini.  Epiphany, the Festival of the Appearance of Christ. Day of the 3 Holy Kings. Joan of Arc born 1412. Schliemann born 1822.

    Saturday,  January 7th. Moon Cancer. Lucian, the Editor-in-Chief of the Greek Bible text in the 3rd cent. A.D. in Antioch, who had 70 assistants.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the southwest at sunset.
       Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly after midnight. The moon passes close by it Monday and Tuesday nights.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 11th mantra today.

    Message 3 of 3 , Dec 16, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list ofdates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 37 (Winter) *

    Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht

    Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb

    Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime

    In Weltengrunden wurzeln

    Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel

    Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

    To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,

    Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive,

    That light-filled Soul-Seeds

    In World-Ground take root

    And God's Word in Senses' Darkness

    Makes clear all Being it resounds through.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to Nature Consciousness) grows. Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed through use of the mantra, saying that if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others. This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the mantric work we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darkness of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 16th. Moon Aquarius. Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

    Monday, December 17th. Moon Pisces.  Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

    Tuesday, December 18th. Moon Pisces.  Lamarck died 1829.

    Wednesday, December 19th. Moon Pisces.  Abraham.

    Thursday, December 20th. Moon Aries. First QuarterAmmon, Christian teacher of the 2nd century.

    Friday Dec
    ember 21st. Moon Aries.  Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

    Saturday,
     December 22nd. Moon Taurus.  Theodosius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.