All Aboard the Steiner Express!!!

  • Tom Mellett
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2010
      ALL ABOARD!!! ALL ABOARD!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!

      Ladies and Gentlemen of the Steiner Universe!!!!

      Have you booked your tickets yet on the Rudolf Steiner Sesquicentennial Celebration Train Express???

      Hurry!! Hurry!!! Before they sell out!!!

      This is no "Peace Train! Holy Roller . . ." of Cat Stevens now Josef Islam of the Arabic stream . . .

      No, this is the Rudolf Steiner Sesquicentennial Express!

      Read all about it here
      http://www.rudolf-steiner-2011.com/index.php?set_language=en&cccpage=zug_intro

      Rudolf Steiner Celebration Train

      A Birthday Journey from Cologne (Germany) through Kraljevec (Croatia) to Vienna (Austria) February 24-28, 2011

      Rudolf Steiner was supposedly born in a railway station and brought up in two others, and later he spent many hours of his life on trains and in waiting rooms, reading dozens of books, writing letters in jolting cars, preparing – while sitting between other passengers – lectures and meetings. Symbolically, this 'life on the road' flowed into the preparation of the anniversary year as a leitmotif from the very beginning. Soon it found expression in the construction of the shared online platform, as well as in the credo 'to put oneself in motion inwardly and outwardly'.

      Five months before Steiner's 150th birthday, it has been finally made possible to extend the travel options in this sense and to set, as a connecting element, a physical Rudolf Steiner Train on the rails to bring together interested people from all over the world, giving them a unique opportunity to follow the footprints of the founder of Anthroposophy in a special way.

      =====================

      Here's the train schedule
      http://www.rudolf-steiner-2011.com/index.php?set_language=en&cccpage=zug_fahrplan

      RS 150 - Rudolf Steiner Express 2011

      Celebration Tour from Cologne via Kraljevec to Vienna
      from February 24 until February 28, 2011

      (Aha! They get to Kraljevec on Feb. 25, which is Steiner's "early" birthday!)

      Now read about the anthroposophically-inspired state of the art European trains called the InterRegio.

      Plus there will be a RHEIN GOLD CLUB CAR in the middle of the train, which will allow for Goethean conversation.

      http://www.rudolf-steiner-2011.com/index.php?set_language=en&cccpage=zug_InterRegio
      The InterRegio was introduced gradually from 1988, and eventually it operated on 24 lines in two-hour intervals, with its 440 trains servicing a network of about 11,000 km every day. The design of this train was undertaken first by Karl Dieter Bodack and completed by the BPR office in Stuttgart (Jens Peters) working with the colour designer Fritz Fuchs from ***Jarna, Sweden.*** It is informed by the ***social impulse of Rudolf Steiner***, and the project management of the DB and the development work and construction by the PFA were carried out accordingly. The drafts were based on the ***artistic and architectural impulse of Rudolf Steiner, demonstrating an organic design in the colours and forms of all the spaces.***

      The subsidiary of the Deutsche Bahn AG, the DB Regio, will provide such InterRegio rail cars for the special Steiner Express, with a ***Rhein Gold club car*** in the middle of the train, all drawn by one of the legendary high-speed 103 locomotives. In the unusual interior of the train with its broad aisles, compartments, saloons and comfortable club car, passengers will have the best opportunity for brief exchanges or a comfortable [Goethean] conversation.
      ------------------------------
      (OK, I stuck "Goethean" in there!)
      ============================

      Fare Information
      for the RS 150 "Rudolf Steiner Express" 2011

      Single Tickets:

      1. Class per person * 400, - Euro
      2. Class per person * 250, - Euro
      plus activities/event package (see below)

      Because of the already low price, unfortunately no allocation of free tickets is possible. For students and seniors a limited number of discounted tickets are available at EUR 150, - per person (2nd class). Sponsors' tickets are also available at EUR 500 (first class) which will help provided for discounted tickets for other travelers. Sponsors' tickets can be made available to other persons.
      ------------------------

      (Hello, they better watch out for surreptitious and Ahrimanically-inspired fructificatory activities. I've heard about those stupendous Goethean orgies on trains before, especially in the Gold Club car, you know with those dazzling sun forces. Makes me wonder now if there will be a Moon Car? I guess they would call it a Silver Club car. What is German for caboose? I mean besides Güterzugbegleitwagen!)

      ------------------------

      Aha! I see that Zooey has just put up a blog entry about this "epic train ride."

      http://zooey.wordpress.com/2010/11/21/an-epic-train-ride/

      ALL ABOARD!!! ALL ABOARD!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!
    • Sylver Wytch
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2010
        I asked this awhile back and received no answer so I would like to ask it again.  In his lectures about the incarnation of Ahriman, why did he choose to name the "bad guy" if you will,  Ahriman?

        Ahriman is the "bad guy" in Zoroasterianism and I have studied him rather deeply.  Once you get past the intial idea of "evil" then you understand his place and why he does what he does.

        Just curious.

        SW

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2010
          ******* Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I saw your post and the start of a conversation with someone else here but nothing more. Actually, Steiner spoke of two hierarchies of evil, which he named Lucifer and Ahriman, neither of which is truly "evil" in the usual sense, in other words in the way dualistic thinkers talk about "the devil." Rather, each one is a pole of imbalance; the Luciferic spirits make us pay too much attention to ourselves, while the Ahrimanic spirits make us pay too much attention to the external world. (Lucifer, of course, is mentioned in the Old Testament and was also spoken of by the Greeks; while Ahriman was the Zoroastrian name for the spiritual force that rules this fallen world. Lucifer particularly affects females, while Ahriman more easily affects the male. Artists fall under the influence of Lucifer, while scientists are easily influenced by Ahriman, and so on. )

             The anthroposophical point of view about the Judeo-Christian religion is that it was not only the Jews that had a teaching that a Messiah was going to come to redeem the world. Zarathustra or Zoroaster (meaning by that the original source of the religion far back in prehistory, not the Zoroaster of the sixth century BC) described how all existence originated from the great Ormuzd or Ahura Mazdao, identified with the Sun, who was later overthrown by Angra Manyu or Ahriman, with the result that the original spiritual, shining reality became darkened into the fallen material world; but a spark of the original solar nature still remains within the perishable material forms corrupted by him (like us), and the founder of the Zoroastrian religion prophesied that a solar being would one day descend from the sun, the great Sun Aura, to set free that divine spark within all human beings. This was the reason why the Zoroastrian Magi came to his birth, determined by astrology, and later Manes recognized his Zoroastrian religion must have spoken of the Christ.

             The Ahrimanic spirits have their proper role in condensing everything around us, which is actually spiritual in nature, into the dense material forms that we see. The past several thousand years have been those in which the task of human beings has been to immerse themselves in and come to conquer this material world, but in the midst of this they can fall victim to believing that the material dimension of reality is all that exists. Therefore, the powerful opposing force of our time has to do with materialism, and it is this pole of error Steiner depicts as our current opponent. Lucifer affected us more in ancient times.

          To: steiner@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 21, 2010
            Okay, that makes sense.  .  I have studied Zoroastrianism and wondered why Ahriman is used.  "Lucifer" is still a fubar as far as I am concerned though.  It was used only once in
            the OT and is Latin.  It refers to King Nebberkanezzer.  I do understand the confusion as the original language of the OT does refer to a "light bearer" and is confused with the Latin "light bearer" by the translators.

            To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
            From: sylverwytch@...
            Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:26:37 -0800

          • DrStarman@hotmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2010
              *******Well, I'm really puzzled by where you get all that about "Lucifer" from, and pretty certain you've been misled by someone somewhere along the way about at least some of it! Because first, "Luciferus" is indeed Latin, but that's a translation of an earlier Greek name, in fact for the spiritual influence of Venus as the "morning star"--- also referred to in the Book of Job, using, of course, the Hebrew word, which was written thousands of years before the Latin language even came into existence. "Luc" is an old root- word for light (lux, lig, illumine) not only in Latin but Celtic (Lugh God of Light) and "fer" for "to carry" (offer or bring, ferry, Christopherus=carrier of Christ). So, the Light-Bringer. This fallen angelic being was spoken of in both Old & New Testaments, written of course in Hebrew & Greek, but when Christianity became the religion of the Roman Empire they naturally used the Latin name. But he was not a figure in the pre-Christian Roman religion. How someone associated him with a Babylonian king (I'm assuming you meant Nebuchudnezzar) I have no idea. It certainly predates Rome. I don't know a Babylonian Lucifer. I have no idea who's trying to say the fallen angel appears only once in the Old Testament or that a Roman myth-being was mixed up with another from Hebrew tradition. It sounds like they perhaps have some bias or axe to grind. Steiner's direct perception was of a spirit-being that affected us in the distant past, awakening human self-consciousness earlier than evolution would have without this being affecting us. The Greeks have a version of this myth in Prometheus, and also in Greek a lower astral being or evil "daimon" associated with him was called "diabolus" in the Gospels, where diabolical comes from. They spoke of 2 opposite ones, diabolos and satanas, which are similar to Steiner's Lucifer and Ahriman. He didn't copy the old religious conceptions but rather used the names from them which came closest to what he saw and we can see as well. -starman. P.S. What is a "fubar"? ;->

              From: Sylver Wytch <sylverwytch@...>
              Sender: steiner@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:28:58 -0800 (PST)
              To: <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: steiner@yahoogroups.com

              To: steiner@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2010
                --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, DrStarman@... wrote: *******
                P.S. What is a "fubar"? ;->
                -------------------------
                Greetings Starman,

                I read your nice concise description here of Ahriman and Lucifer and just wanted to contribute the etymology of the word "fubar".

                It is an acronym that dates to both the American and British military forces in World War II.

                (Because one of the letters represents the 4 letter F-word, please allow me to translate it into the dialect of Classical Anthroposophese, where the F-word is 8 letters, i.e. "fructify.")

                Therefore:

                FUBAR = Fructified Up Beyond All Recognition
                Or the mechanic's variant: Fructified Up Beyond Any Repair.

                This is of course related to a second popular acronym
                SNAFU = Situation Normal, All Fructified Up

                And since we are so 3-fold in anthroposophy, you might expect a third acronym and so:
                TARFU = Things Are Really Fructified Up
                Or the British variant: Things Are Royally Fructified Up

                Tom Mellett
                Los Angeles, CA