    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 31, 2010
           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                             *******
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, VIOLET, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

      Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

      Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Depths

      Strives outwards like the Sun:

      It turns into Life-Will-Force

      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

      Powers to release,

      That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

      In Man's Work will let ripen.

      This week's mantra:

          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

          Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

           This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 31st. Moon Virgo. Wolfgang.

      Monday,  November 1st.  Moon Virgo. Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

      Tuesday,  November 2nd. Moon Virgo. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

      Wednesday,   November 3rdMoon Libra. Malachi (the Prophet).

      Thursday,   November 4thMoon Libra. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

      Friday,    November 5th. Moon Scorpio. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

      Saturday,    November 6th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon.  1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 27, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 81 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through November 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 31  *

      Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

      Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

      Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

      Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

      Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

      Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

      In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

      The Light out of Spirit-Depths

      Strives outwards like the Sun:

      It turns into Life-Will-Force

      And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

      The Powers to unleash,

      So that Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

      In Man's Work will allow to ripen.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 27th. Moon Leo.  Sabina.

      Monday, October 28th. Moon Virgo.  Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

      Tuesday, October 29th. Moon Virgo. Narcissus.

      Wednesday,  October 30th. Moon Virgo Claudius.

      Thursday, October 31st. Moon Libra  Wolfgang.

      Friday  November 1st. Moon Libra.  Catholic Festival of All Hallows (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

      Saturday,  November 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.