Soul-Calendar, Week 28 after Easter: New Hope

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 231 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

    Ich kann in Innern neu belebt

    Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten

    Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen

    Aus Seelensonnenmacht

    Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,

    Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,

    Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

    I can in my Inner being, newly enlivened,

    Feel my own Essence widen

    And power-filled Thinking-rays

    Out of the Soul's Sun-Might

    Life-Riddles loosening giving,

    Lending fulfillment to many Wishes

    That before even the Hope for had had its wings lamed.

    This week's mantra:

       The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer.

       This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.

       This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life--- which in turn leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

                                                ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Gideon.

    Monday,  October 11th.  Moon Sagittarius. 1531 Zwingli died.

    Tuesday,  October 12th. Moon Sagittarius. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

    Wednesday,   October 13th. Moon Capricorn. Angelus.

    Thursday,   October 14th. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Callistus.

    Friday,    October 15th. Moon Aquarius.  1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

    Saturday,    October 16th. Moon Aquarius. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    VENUS is an evening star in the West, low above the setting sun. MARS is dimly visble close to it with binoculars or a telescope. The crescent moon is between the two on Sunday night.
    JUPITER rises in the East as Venus sets. You can see both about 7:30 PM.