Re: [steiner] No more attachments!

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      Janet,
      I don't know what they said because I did not dare open
      them. I deleted the message straightaway. At a glance, they
      looked like the attachments which caused so much alarm a
      few weeks ago.
      Sena

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        Jeff...

        That's a possibility. Nobody ever mentioned attachments before so it
        must be new. I can't get onto the net to check out symantec but did a
        defrag which should show viruses but didn't.

        Did you have problems connecting to your server before everything went
        down?

        Janet

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
          Sena...

          I defragged this morning and got a message that a virus was attempting
          to enter my E drive. Instead of "repair" or "continue" I clicked "stop"
          which was the wrong thing to do according to my manual, which I
          consulted after the fact.

          I defragged again but it didn't show up again as I'd hoped. Then scanned
          all my hard drives with no signs of a virus.

          Now I'm told there's no update available, so it could be that my version
          is out of date. I've never had an alert.

          Janet