Soul-Calendar, Week 26 after Easter--MICHAELMAS

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 231 KB
    *******Sorry to be late with this week's calendar. Happy Michaelmas, all. -starman

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 6  * (Michaelmas)

    Natur, deine mütterliches Sein,

    Ich trage es in meinem Willenswesen;

    Und meines Willens Feuermacht,

    Sie stählet meines Geistes Triebe,

    Dass sie gebären Selbstgefühl,

    Zu tragen mich in mir.

    Nature, your mother-like Being,

    I carry you in my Will-Essence;

    And my Will's Fiery Might,

    It steels my Spirit-Drive,

    That this bears Self-Feeling,

    To carry myself in me.

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer.

       Last week this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone, so that the Light which we carry within could be shed on the otherwise dark outer world.

      This week is the mood of Michaelmas verse itself---the developing ego-consciousness we have at this season we can feel is the Being of Nature itself, and we carry this into our own Wills; then, the will can give 'steel' or 'backbone' to the drives of our conscious human spirits, so that they have a stamp of Self-feeling --- and if we flow with this, then, we have the experience of a second Self we carry within our ordinary selves.

                                                ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 26th. Moon Taurus.  Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.  Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

    Monday,  September 27th.  Moon Taurus. Cosmas and Damian, famous medical benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.

    Tuesday,  September 28th. Moon Gemini. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

    Wednesday,   September 29th. Moon Gemini. Michael (the Archangel).

    Thursday,   September 30th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

    Friday,    October 1st. Moon Cancer.  1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

    Saturday,    October 2nd. Moon Leo . Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    VENUS is an evening star in the West, low above the setting sun. MARS is dimly visble close to it with binoculars or a telescope.
    JUPITER rises in the East as Venus sets. You can see both about 7:30 PM.