Week 25 after Easter -Being Alone

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 231 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th to Oct. 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

    Ich darf nun mir gehören

    Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht

    In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.

    Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,

    Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen

    Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten

    In kalte Winterfluten.

    I now must belong only to myself

    And lightening, spread Inner Light

    Into Space and Time's darkness.

    As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,

    The Souls's Deeps shall awaken

    And waking, carry the Sun's Glow

    Into the cold Winter-flowing.

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer.

       Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware of itself, which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed.

       This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to be completely ALONE, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

                                                ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 19th Moon  Aquarius.  Eustachius.

    Monday,  September 20th.  Moon Pisces. Castor.

    Tuesday,  September 21st. Moon Pisces. Matthew (the Evangelist).

    Wednesday,   September 22nd. Moon Pisces. 1452 Savanarola born.

    Thursday,   September 23rd. Moon Aries. Full Moon. 63 B.C. Augustus born.

    Friday,    September 24th Moon Aries.  1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

    Saturday,    September 25th. Moon Taurus.  Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

    Almost equally brilliant JUPITER is also an evening star, in the East, opposite Venus, rising as it sets. The full moon appears close to it Wednesday and Thursday nights.