Re: [steiner] No more attachments!

  • JLA
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 8:52 AM
      Just a warning. If this is the case, it may be that Janet has the MTX
      virsus and does not know it. MTX works and infiltrates through hidden
      attachments unseen by the sender. There are several forms of these
      attachments and if you go to symantec.com you will see the different
      ones being used. Do not open these and in general any attachment. I had
      to learn the hard way recently as you all well know. 14 hours of
      reprogramming and $400 in tech time.

      Jeff
    • Sena Fernando
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1 9:08 AM
        Janet,
        I don't know what they said because I did not dare open
        them. I deleted the message straightaway. At a glance, they
        looked like the attachments which caused so much alarm a
        few weeks ago.
        Sena

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1 9:13 AM
          Jeff...

          That's a possibility. Nobody ever mentioned attachments before so it
          must be new. I can't get onto the net to check out symantec but did a
          defrag which should show viruses but didn't.

          Did you have problems connecting to your server before everything went
          down?

          Janet

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1 1:10 PM
            Sena...

            I defragged this morning and got a message that a virus was attempting
            to enter my E drive. Instead of "repair" or "continue" I clicked "stop"
            which was the wrong thing to do according to my manual, which I
            consulted after the fact.

            I defragged again but it didn't show up again as I'd hoped. Then scanned
            all my hard drives with no signs of a virus.

            Now I'm told there's no update available, so it could be that my version
            is out of date. I've never had an alert.

            Janet