    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 469 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he sais corresponded to the sign, blue, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 1  *

    Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht

    Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,

    Den Keim empfind ich reifend

    Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben

    Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

    I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power

    Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,

    I sense the Seed ripening

    And a premonition of light-filled weaving together

    Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

        Last week, one felt one's Self for the first time since 'losing' it (in the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.

       This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a 'spiritual Self'; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able to join with the deepest inner forces which we would otherwise not be able to tap into.

                                                          ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 22nd Moon Aquarius.   Hippolytus, Christian teacher of the 3rd century.

    Monday,  August 23rd.  Moon Aquarius. Claudius.

    Tuesday,  August 24th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. Barnabas, the companion of Paul. Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

    Wednesday,   August 25th. Moon Pisces.  Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900 Nietzche died. 1844 Herder born.

    Thursday,   August 26th. Moon Aries.  Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

    Friday,    August 27th Moon Aries.  1770 Hegel born.

    Saturday,    August 28th. Moon Aries. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430. 1749 Goethe born.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.  Dim, reddish MARS is to its right.

    JUPITER has now become a brilliant "evening star", rising in the East between 10-11 PM. It is opposite Venus & Mars, rising as they set.