Re: [steiner] No more attachments!

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      Sena

      I did not send any attachments. What did they say?

      Janet
    • JLA
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        Just a warning. If this is the case, it may be that Janet has the MTX
        virsus and does not know it. MTX works and infiltrates through hidden
        attachments unseen by the sender. There are several forms of these
        attachments and if you go to symantec.com you will see the different
        ones being used. Do not open these and in general any attachment. I had
        to learn the hard way recently as you all well know. 14 hours of
        reprogramming and $400 in tech time.

        Jeff
      • Sena Fernando
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
          Janet,
          I don't know what they said because I did not dare open
          them. I deleted the message straightaway. At a glance, they
          looked like the attachments which caused so much alarm a
          few weeks ago.
          Sena

          > I did not send any attachments. What did they say?
          >
          > Janet
          >

          > Post to steiner@egroups.com

          > Search the archives of the group at:

        • Janet
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
            Jeff...

            That's a possibility. Nobody ever mentioned attachments before so it
            must be new. I can't get onto the net to check out symantec but did a
            defrag which should show viruses but didn't.

            Did you have problems connecting to your server before everything went
            down?

            Janet

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
              Sena...

              I defragged this morning and got a message that a virus was attempting
              to enter my E drive. Instead of "repair" or "continue" I clicked "stop"
              which was the wrong thing to do according to my manual, which I
              consulted after the fact.

              I defragged again but it didn't show up again as I'd hoped. Then scanned
              all my hard drives with no signs of a virus.

              Now I'm told there's no update available, so it could be that my version
              is out of date. I've never had an alert.

              Janet