No more attachments!

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
      I noticed that the message posted by Janet had two attachments on it.
      I have now disabled attachments at this group.
      Sena
    • Janet
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
        Sena

        I did not send any attachments. What did they say?

        Janet
      • JLA
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
          Just a warning. If this is the case, it may be that Janet has the MTX
          virsus and does not know it. MTX works and infiltrates through hidden
          attachments unseen by the sender. There are several forms of these
          attachments and if you go to symantec.com you will see the different
          ones being used. Do not open these and in general any attachment. I had
          to learn the hard way recently as you all well know. 14 hours of
          reprogramming and $400 in tech time.

          Jeff
        • Sena Fernando
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
            Janet,
            I don't know what they said because I did not dare open
            them. I deleted the message straightaway. At a glance, they
            looked like the attachments which caused so much alarm a
            few weeks ago.
            Sena

            > I did not send any attachments. What did they say?
            >
            > Janet
            >

            > Post to steiner@egroups.com

            > Search the archives of the group at:

          • Janet
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
              Jeff...

              That's a possibility. Nobody ever mentioned attachments before so it
              must be new. I can't get onto the net to check out symantec but did a
              defrag which should show viruses but didn't.

              Did you have problems connecting to your server before everything went
              down?

              Janet

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
                Sena...

                I defragged this morning and got a message that a virus was attempting
                to enter my E drive. Instead of "repair" or "continue" I clicked "stop"
                which was the wrong thing to do according to my manual, which I
                consulted after the fact.

                I defragged again but it didn't show up again as I'd hoped. Then scanned
                all my hard drives with no signs of a virus.

                Now I'm told there's no update available, so it could be that my version
                is out of date. I've never had an alert.

                Janet