Soul-Calendar, Week 10 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2010
    • 93 KB
    *******Apologies for sending out this week's Calendar late. -starman

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 0 *

    Zu sommerlichen Höhen

    Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

    Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

    In seine Raumesweiten mit.

    Erahnend regt im Innern sich

    Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

    Erkennen wirst du einst:

    Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

    To summer-like Heights

    Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

    It draws my human Feeling

    Into the widths of Space with it.

    There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

    Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

    You will realize one day:

    You feel now a God’s Essence.

    An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

    The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it. We are now contacting the divine spirit-being through this, and we have a fore-sense of how we will realize this is what happened at this time later on, in the heights of summer.

                                                          ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, June 6th Moon Aries. Julian the Apostate born 331.

    Monday,  June 7th. Moon Aries.  Lucian.

    Tuesday,  June 8t. Moon Taurus.  Muhammed died 632.

    Wednesday,   June 9th. Moon Taurus. Columban.

    Thursday,   June 10th. Moon Gemini. Onophrius.

    Friday,    June 11th Moon Gemini. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C.  Roger Bacon died 1294.

    Saturday,    June 12th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Basilides.

                                              ***** ****

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

    Reddish MARS is to its left, high in the Western sky at sunset, beneath the stars of the Lion--- currently close to the Lion's heart, the bright star Regulus.

    SATURN is in the south at sunset to the left of Mars, beneath the Lion's tail.

    (Next week, the moon will pass by each planet in turn.)

    Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2011
    • 57 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (yellow) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A # 10 *

    Zu sommerlichen Höhen

    Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

    Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

    In seine Raumesweiten mit.

    Erahnend regt im Innern sich

    Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

    Erkennen wirst du einst:

    Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

    To summer-like Heights

    Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

    It draws my human Feeling

    Into the widths of Space with it.

    There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

    Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

    You will realize one day:

    You feel now a God’s Essence.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

         The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this start of summer-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact in the heights of summer.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, June 26th. Moon TaurusJulian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

    Monday,  June 27th.  Moon Taurus. Phillipina.

    Tuesday, June 28th. Moon Gemini. Leo.

    Wednesday,  June 29thMoon Gemini. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

    Thursday,  June 30thMoon Cancer. Festival in Memory of Paul.

    Friday,   July 1st. Moon Cancer. G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

    Saturday,   July 2nd. Moon Leo.  1778 Rousseau died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning stars" Jupiter and Venus are visible in the east just before sunrise, rising in that order, with dimmer, reddish Mars between them. The waning moon will be near Jupiter before sunrise Sunday morning, near Mars Monday and Tuesday mornings, and near Venus Wednesday and Thursday mornings before disappearing into the sun.

    Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is below.

      * MANTRA # 10 *

      Zu sommerlichen Höhen

      Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

      Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

      In seine Raumesweiten mit.

      Erahnend regt im Innern sich

      Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

      Erkennen wirst du einst:

      Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

      To summer-like Heights

      Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

      It draws my human Feeling

      Into the widths of Space with it.

      There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

      Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

      You will realize one day:

      You feel now a God’s Essence.

             Interpretation of the mantra: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it, and we have a fore-sensing of the divine spirit-being we will contact in the heights of summer.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, June 2nd. Moon Aries.  Erasmus.

      Monday, June 3rd. Moon Aries  Clotilde.

      Tuesday, June 4th. Moon Taurus.    Karpasius.

       Wednesday,  June 5th. Moon Taurus.  Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

      Thursday,  June 6th. Moon Gemini.  Julian the Apostate born 331.

      Friday
       June 7th. Moon Gemini.   Lucian.

      Saturday,  June 8
      th. Moon Gemini. New Moon.   Muhammed died 632.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset, next to the slightly less bright Jupiter, now disappearing into the sun's glow for a few months.
         Yellowish Saturn is high in the southern sky by midnight. It is reaching its greatest brilliancy, which is not very bright compared to Venus or Jupiter but still makes it stand out near the stars Arcturus and Spica.

      -starman