Soul-Calendar, Mantra #5

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   ****** ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *MANTRA #5*

    Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen

    In Raume fruchtbar webend

    Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:

    In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen

    Geweitet zu dem Weltensein

    Und auferstanden

    Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

    In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps

    Is weaving in Space bearing its fruit,

    The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :

    In it shines the Soul’s Essence

    Widened to World-Existence

    And resurrected

    Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

    *******An interpretation:

    The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine working.

    We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner souls, that it is like our soul spread out in external space.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, May 2nd Moon Capricorn. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

    Monday,  May 3rd. Moon Capricorn. Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

    Tuesday,  May 4th. Moon Aquarius. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

    Wednesday,  May 5th. Moon Aquarius.  Last Quarter. Columbus discovers America 1492.

    Thursday,  May 6th. Moon Aquarius.  John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

    Friday,   May 7th Moon Pisces. Gottfried.

    Saturday,   May 8th. Moon Pisces.  The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun.

    Reddish MARS is high in the sky, almost directly overhead (at the zenith), at sunset.

    SATURN rises in the southeast at sunset.