Soul-Calendar, Mantra 4

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   ****** ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A # 4 *

    Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:

    So spricht Empfindung,

    Die in der sonnerhellten Welt

    Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;

    Sie will dem Denken

    Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken

    Und Mensch und Welt

    In Einheit fest verbinden.

    “I feel the essence of my essence”:

    So speaks Sensation,

    That in the sun-illumined World

    With flooding light becomes one;

    It will join warmth

    To Thinking‘s Clarity,

    And Man and World

    In oneness bind fast together.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

        This week our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light of he springtime Sun makes us feel that our inner essence is like its luminous being; and, as we think about what we see, joining our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it to the world after it had withdrawn into itself in winter, adding warmth of feeling to thinking's clear knowing.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 25th Moon Libra.  Mark the Evangelist.

    Monday,  April 26th. Moon Libra. Uhland born 1787.

    Tuesday,  April 27th. Moon Scorpio.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

    Wednesday,  April 28th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon. Eusebius.

    Thursday,  April 29th. Moon Scorpio. The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

    Friday,   April 30th Moon Sagittatrus. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

    Saturday,   May 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Walpurgis.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun.

    Reddish MARS is high in the sky, almost directly overhead (at the zenith), at sunset.

    SATURN rises in the southeast at sunset. The almost-full moon is seen close to it Sunday night.