Soul-Calendar, Week 3 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 9:29 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB

    Happy 10th birthday to the "Steiner" internet mailing list!

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   ****** ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A # 3 *

    Es spricht zum Weltenall,

    Sich Selbst vergessend

    Und seines Urstands eingedenk,

    Des Menschen wachsend Ich:

    In dir, befreiend nich,

    Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,

    Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

    There speaks to the World-All,

    Of Self forgetful

    And of its Primal state one in thinking,

    Man’s waxing “I”:

    ‘In you, freeing me

    From my Selfhood’s chains,

    I penetrate to my true Essence’.

     An interpretation of the mantra:

      The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the Growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2 of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the senses (the plants springing forth and so on).

       This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction, so to speak, between self and Self, or the little ego and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel these two 'selves' distinctly different, should feel this deep True Self is now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

       In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the World-All. In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little 'self'), I penetrate (dig down deep into) my True Essence (Being, Self---I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' is the source of it).

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 18th Moon Gemini.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century)

    Monday,  April 19th. Moon Cancer.  Darwin died 1882.

    Tuesday,  April 20th. Moon Cancer.   Sulpicius.

    Wednesday,  April 21st. Moon Leo. First Quarter. Mohammed born 571.

    Thursday,  April 22nd. Moon Leo.  Kant born 1724

    Friday,   April 23rd Moon Virgo. George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.

    Saturday,   April 24th. Moon Virgo.   Sigmund.

                                              ***** ****

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun.

    Reddish MARS is high in the sky at sunset, almost directly overhead (at the zenith). The half moon is seen close to it Wednesday night.

    SATURN rises in the southeast at sunset. The moon is seen not far from it Saturday night.

    Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 47 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1sth to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (orange) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A # 3 *

    Es spricht zum Weltenall,

    Sich Selbst vergessend

    Und seines Urstands eingedenk,

    Des Menschen wachsend Ich:

    In dir, befreiend nich,

    Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,

    Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

    There speaks to the World-All,

    Of Self forgetful

    And of its Primal state one in thinking,

    Man’s waxing “I”:

    ‘In you, freeing me

    From my Selfhood’s chains,

[...]

    Sunday, May 8th. Moon Cancer.

    The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

    Monday,  May 9th.  Moon Leo.

    Schiller died 1805.

    Tuesday, May 10th. Moon Leo. First Quarter.

    Gordian.

    Wednesday,   May 11thMoon Virgo.
    Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

    Thursday,  May 12thMoon Virgo.

    Pancratius.

    Friday,   May 13th. Moon Libra.

    Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

    Saturday,   May 14th. Moon Libra.

    Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Mercury, Jupiter and Mars are now also becoming visible, close to the sun just before sunrise.

    Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2014

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, red, is attached to this e-mail.

      *******MANTRA # 3*******

      Es spricht zum Weltenall,

      Sich Selbst vergessend

      Und seines Urstands eingedenk,

      Des Menschen wachsend Ich:

      In dir, befreiend nich,

      Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,

      Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

      There speaks to the World-All,

      Of Self forgetful

      And of its Primal state one in thinking,

      Man’s waxing “I”:

      ‘In you, freeing me

      From my Selfhood’s chains,

[...]

      Sunday May 4th. Moon Cancer.  Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Monday May 5th. Moon Leo.  Columbus discovers America 1492.

      Tuesday May 6th. Moon Leo. First Quarter
       John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

      Wednesday May 7th. Moon Leo.   Gottfried.

      Thursday May 8th. Moon Virgo.  The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

      Friday May 9th. Moon Virgo.
         Schiller died 1805.

      Saturday May 10th. Moon Libra. Gordian. .

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Brilliant Jupiter has for months been ruling our night sky, high in the West near the Twins at sunset, setting a few hours later. The crescent moon appears near it Monday night. Meanwhile, Mars has become an "evening star", rising in the east at sunset, at its most brilliant yellow-red now because it's closest to the earth. Dimmer yellowish Saturn follows it up a few hours later.