Soul-Calendar, Week 2 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11 5:44 PM
    • 24 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   ****** ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A #  2 *

    Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

    Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

    Es finden Geisteswelten

    Den Menschensprossen wieder,

    Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

    Doch seine Seelenfrucht

    In sich muss finden.

    In outer World of the Senses

    Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

    The Spiritual Worlds find

    The offspring of Man again,

    Whose seed is in them

    But who must find its Soul-Fruit,

    Within itself.

        An interpretation of the mantra:

    The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the world through them. Our thinking

    thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 11th Moon Pisces.  Leo (Pope that turned back the wave of Attila from Italy).

    Monday,  April 12th. Moon Aries.   Zeno.

    Tuesday,  April 13th. Moon Aries.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

    Wednesday,  April 14th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born1629.

    Thursday,  April 15th. Moon Taurus.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

    Friday,   April 16th Moon Taurus.  Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

    Saturday,   April 17th. Moon Gemini.   Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

                                              ***** ****

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun. It will appear there for about the next 9 months. The first crescent of the new moon will be seen near it Thursday night.

    Reddish MARS is high in the sky at sunset, almost directly overhead (at the zenith).

    SATURN rises in the southeast as the sun sets in the west.

    Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2011
    • 47 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1sth to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (orange) is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A #  2 *

    Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

    Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

    Es finden Geisteswelten

    Den Menschensprossen wieder,

    Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

    Doch seine Seelenfrucht

    In sich muss finden.

    In the outer World of the Senses

    Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

    The Spiritual Worlds find

    The offspring of Man again,

    Whose seed is in them

    But who must find its Soul-Fruit

    Within itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

      The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this IS the spiritual world itself finding ITSELF through us.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, May 1st. Moon Taurus.
    Walpurgis.

    Monday,  May 2nd.  Moon Taurus. New Moon.

    Leonardo da Vinci died 1519.
    Novalis born 1772.

    Tuesday, May 3rd. Moon Gemini.

    Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

    Wednesday,   May 4thMoon Gemini.
    Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

    Thursday,  May 5thMoon Gemini.

    Columbus discovers America 1492.

    Friday,   May 6th. Moon Cancer.

    John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

    Saturday,   May 7th. Moon Cancer.

    Gottfried.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Mercury, Jupiter and Mars are now also becoming visible, close to the sun just before sunrise.

    Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 2:05 PM
    • 24 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 2 *

    Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

    Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

    Es finden Geisteswelten

    Den Menschensprossen wieder,

    Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

    Doch seine Seelenfrucht

    In sich muss finden.

    In outer World of the Senses

    Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

    The Spiritual Worlds find

    The offspring of Man again,

    Whose seed is in them

    But who must find its Soul-Fruit,

    Within itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

          The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 7th. Moon Pisces.  Egesippus (Christian writer of the second century in Rome).

    Monday, April 8th. Moon Aries.  Wilhelm von Humboldt died 1835.

    Tuesday, April 9th. Moon Aries.  Mary Cleophas (who with Mary of Magdala and the Mother of Jesus in John’s Gospel was present at the Crucifixion). Theophilus (Bishop of Alexandria in the 5th century). Francis Bacon of Verulam died 1626.

    Wednesday,  April 10th. Moon Taurus, New Moon.  The Prophets Daniel and Ezekiel.

    Thursday,  April 11th. Moon TaurusLeo (Pope that turned back the wave of Attila from Italy).

    Friday
     April 12th. Moon Taurus.     Zeno.

    Saturday,
    April 13th. Moon Gemini.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' overhead at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

    -Starman.