Calendar of the Soul, week 48 after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                      **** ********* ***
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th  to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 4 8  *

    Im Lichte, das aus Weltenhöhen

    Der Seele machtvoll fliessen will,

    Erscheine, lösend Seelenrätsel

    Des Weltendenkens Sicherheit,

    Versammelnd seiner Strahlen Macht

    Im Menschenherzen Liebe weckend.

    There mightily would flow into the Soul

    Light, that out of World-Heights

    Appears, solving Soul-Riddles

    By the World-Thinking’s Certainty,

    Assembling its rays of Might

    In Man’s Heart to awaken Love.

         We are heading towards spring, when the Earth awakens. Last week, we felt, by working with the mantra, Joy in the growth seen in Nature, with our thinking well prepared through the Divine to receive the revelations of this new life.

    This week, the growing Light we feel resolving all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead it awakens Love in our hearts.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 7th Moon Sagitarius. Last QuarterFelicitas u. Perpetua (Christian martyr under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).

    Monday,  March 8th. Moon CapricornPhilemon (companion of Paul).

    Tuesday,  March 9th. Moon Capricorn. Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

    Wednesday,  March 10th. Moon Capricorn. Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

    Thursday,  March 11th. Moon Aquarius. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

    Friday,   March 12th. Moon Aquarius. Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

    Saturday,   March 13th. Moon Pisces. Uranus discovered by Herschel.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now, in its 'retrograde loop', and therefore brightest.

    SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M.