Soul Calendar, Week 46 after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                     **** ********* ***
                     THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th to March 8th  in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-BEARER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 4 6  *

    Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben

    Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;

    Nun trete du, Erinnerung,

    Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf

    Und stärke mir das Schauen

    Das nur durch Willenskräfte

    Sich selbst erhalten kann.

    The World, it threatens to benumb

    The Soul’s inborn strength;

    Now tread you, Memory,

    Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening

    And make strong for me Vision,

    That only through Will-Strength

    Can preserve itself.

      An interpreation based on working with the mantras:

       We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more "sleep", while the dead Earth comes back to life around us.

        Last week, the power of thinking united with what was 'born' in us at Christmas, and made clear all the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world---we united with this "becoming" of Nature as we thought about what we perceived.

         This week, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our souls if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role, that of preserving the Vision the spirit has had of what it wishes to create this year.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 21st. Moon Gemini. First Quarter.
    Spinoza died 1677.

    Monday,  February 22nd. Moon Gemini

    Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as a martyr 116 A.D.) Schopenhauer born 1788.

    Tuesday,  February 23rd. Moon Cancer.

    Lazarus (the poor man in the Gospel). Lazarus (who as described in John’s Gospel by Christ was awakened). Mathematician Gauss died 1855. Eduard von Hartmann born 1842.

    Wednesday,  February 24th. Moon Cancer.

    Matthias the Apostle, chosen in Judas’ place).    Gutenberg died 1468.

    Thursday,  February 25th. Moon Leo.

    Cellini died 1571.

    Friday,   February 26th. Moon Leo.

    Jonas (the Prophet).

    Saturday,   February 27th. Moon Virgo.

    1861 Rudolf Steiner born. Ernst Renan born 1823. Martialis (acted for the spreading of Christendom in Gallien in the 3rd century).

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now, in its 'retrograde loop', and therefore brightest. It's the bright "star" that will be seen near the Moon Thursday night.

    SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M.