Soul-Calendar, Week 45 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                     *** ********* ********* ***
                           THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th to March 8th  in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-BEARER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 4 5  *

    Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht

    Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,

    Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize

    Zur vollen Klarheit auf.

    Wenn Seelenfülle

    Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,

    Muss Sinnesoffenbarung

    Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

    Holding fast is Thinking’s Might

    In its Union with the Spirit-Birth,

    It brightens the senses’ dim arisings

    To full Clarity.

    When Soul-fullness

    With World-Becoming would become one,

    Must Senses’ revelation

    Thinking’s Light receive.

        Last week, as we head towards spring (when our inner selves once more go to sleep while the Earth awakens), the first stirrings of new life in the wakening outer world combined with our wills as we continued to unfold the 'spirit-birth' achieved within us at Christmastime.

       This week, the power of thinking unites with what was born in us at Christmas to make clear to us all of the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world. In order for the Soul's fullness of experience to unite with this "becoming" of Nature, we must seek to unite our thinking to our perceptions at this time.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 14th. Moon Pisces._Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v. Esenbeck, Botanist, born 1776.

    Monday,  February 15th. Moon Pisces.  Galilei Born 1564. Lessing died 1781.

    Tuesday,  February 16th. Moon Aries. Ernst Haeckel born 1834.

    Wednesday,  February 17th. Moon Aries.  Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907. Ash Wednesday (start of Lent).

    .

    Thursday,  February 18th. Moon Aries.  Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

     .

    Friday,   February 19th. Moon Taurus. Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

    Saturday,   February 20th. Moon Taurus.  Voltaire born 1694.

                                              ***** ********* *

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as the sun sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now, in its 'retrograde loop', therefore brightest.

    SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M. amongst the stars of the Virgin.

    Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 18 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORN from Jan. 5th through Feb. 8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of  "purple" we can't yet actually perceive ---- is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 4 5  *

    Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht

    Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,

    Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize

    Zur vollen Klarheit auf.

    Wenn Seelenfülle

    Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,

    Muss Sinnesoffenbarung

    Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

    Fast is Thinking’s Might

    In Union with the Spirit-Birth,

    It brightens up the senses’ dim risings

    To full Clarity.

    When Soul-fullness

    With World-Becoming would become one,

    Must Senses’ revelation

    Thinking’s Light receive.

        Last week, as we head towards spring when the Earth awakens, stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combined with our wills as we continued to unfold the 'spirit-birth' acheived at Christmas.

        This week, the power of thinking unites with what was born in us at Christmas to make clear to us all the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world. In order for the Soul's fullness of experience to unite with this "becoming" of Nature, we must now seek to unite our thinking to our perceptions.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 6th. Moon Aries.
    1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

    Monday,  February 7th.  Moon Aries.

     1446 Columbus born.

    Tuesday, February 8th. Moon Aries.
    Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575.

    David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

    Wednesday,  February 9thMoon Taurus.

     Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

    Thursday,  February 10thMoon Taurus. First Quarter.

     Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus.

     1847 Edison born.

     1755 Montesquieu died.

    Friday,  February 11th. Moon Gemini.

    1650 Descartes died.

    Saturday,  February 12th. Moon Gemini.

     1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    Brilliant white JUPITER may be seen in the southwestern sky till about midnight. The crescent moon is seen close to it Sunday and Monday nights.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the east shortly after Jupiter sets in the west.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Saturn is also visible low in the south at the same time, before sunrise.

    Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th  through  Mar. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 45 *

    Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht

    Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,

    Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize

    Zur vollen Klarheit auf.

    Wenn Seelenfülle

    Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,

    Muss Sinnesoffenbarung

    Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

    Fast is Thinking’s Might

    In Union with the Spirit-Birth,

    It brightens the senses’ dim risings

    To full Clarity.

    When Soul-fulfillment

    With World-Becoming would become one,

    Must Senses’ revelation

    Thinking’s Light receive.

        Last week, as we head towards spring when the Earth awakens, stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combined with our wills as we continued to unfold the 'spirit-birth' acheived at Christmas.

        This week, the power of thinking unites with what was born in us at Christmas to make clear to us all of the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world. In order for the Soul's fullness of experience to unite with this "becoming" of Nature, we must unite our thinking to our perceptions.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 26th. Moon Taurus.      Jonas (the Prophet).

    Monday,  February 27th. Moon Taurus.   Ernst Renan born 1823. Martialis (acted for the spreading of Christendom in Gallien in the 3rd century). RUDOLF STEINER 1861.

    Tuesday, February 28th. Moon Gemini.  Montaigne (the Skeptic) born 1533. Leander (Christian author).

    Wednesday,  February 29th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter

    Thursday, March 1st. Moon Gemini.   Alcuin (teacher of Charlemagne, Christian author). 399 before Christ Socrates takes the poison. Swidbertus (conveyor of Christendom to the Frisians).

    Friday,  March 2nd. Moon Cancer.  321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to become common.

    Saturday,  March 3rd. Moon Cancer.   Kunigunder (husband Heinrich I).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the west at sunset, approaching conjunction to Jupiter, the bright "star" higher up in the sky. The moon will be seen near Jupiter Sunday night.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 17th mantra today.

    Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2014

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th through February 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the GOAT-FISH from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 45  *

      Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht

      Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,

      Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize

      Zur vollen Klarheit auf.

      Wenn Seelenfülle

      Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,

      Muss Sinnesoffenbarung

      Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

      Fast is Thinking’s Might

      In Union with the Spirit-Birth,

      It brightens the senses’ dim risings

      To full Clarity.

      When Soul-fulfillment

      With World-Becoming would become one,

      Must Senses’ revelation

      Thinking’s Light receive.

          Last week, as we head towards spring when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep' while the Earth awakens, stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combined with our wills as we continued to unfold the 'spirit-birth' achieved at Christmas.

         This week, the power of thinking unites with what was born in us at Christmas to make clear to us all of the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world. In order for the Soul's fullness of experience to unite with this "becoming" of Nature, we must unite our thinking to our perceptions.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, February 2nd. Moon Aries.  Mary’s Light-mass (Candlemas). Simeon (the old man. that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his presentation in the Temple).

      Monday, February 3rd. Moon Aries.
       Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

      Tuesday, February 4th. Moon Taurus.
        Phileas (worker for Christianity in Egypt in the 4th century).

      Wednesday,  February 5th. Moon Taurus.
       Thomas Carlyle died 1881.

      Thursday, February 6th. Moon Taurus. First Quarter.
      1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.
      Friday  February 7th. Moon Gemini. 1446 Columbus born.

      Saturday,  February 8th. Moon Gemini. Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

        In the East, brilliant Jupiter rises next to the Twins at sunset.