Soul-Calendar Week 43, with zodiac image

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2010

           Apparently the zodiac image did not go through as an attachment, as it has done just fine for 10 years now; perhaps there has been a change in what's allowed through. Therefore I am sending it within the e-mail itself this time. Apologies if you get this e-mail twice. -starman

      The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                       *** ********* ********* ***
                             THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th to February 8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the sea-goat from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 4 3  *

      In Winterlichen Tiefen

      Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;

      Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,

      Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt

      Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend

      Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

      It Winter-like depths

      Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;

      It gives to World-Shining,

      Through Heart’s strength, Existence’s Might,

      The World-Cold despite, it strengthens

      The Soul-Fire in the Inner Man.

      An interpretation based on working with the verses:

          In the winter the outer world sleeps while we awaken in our inner selves. We continue unfolding the inner soul's power (as we have been doing since fall), and last week's verse described how, within our hearts, we had a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in spring and summer, when our inner selves once more 'sleep' (surrender to the senses instead of think) while the Earth awakens.

         This week, the spirit is like a fiery force in the soul, and through the heart gives to the mere appearance of the outer world (Weltenscheine, "world-appearance", the glittering shine of external Nature to our senses), a strength of reality it otherwise would not have. We feel the strong contrast of our inner Warmth of self to the cold deadness of surrounding Nature.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, January 31st. Moon Virgo.    Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

      Monday,  February 1st. Moon Virgo.    Brigid, patron saint of Ireland, died 500.   Ignatius (school of the Evangelist John, by command of the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

      Tuesday,  February 2nd. Moon Libra.  Mary’s Light-mass (Candlemas).    Simeon (the old man. that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his presentation in the Temple).

      Wednesday,  February 3rd. Moon Libra.  Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

      .

      Thursday,  February 4th. Moon Scorpio.   Phileas (worker for Christianity in Egypt in the 4th century).

       .

      Friday,   February 5th. Moon Scorpio. Last Quarter.  Thomas Carlyle died 1881.

      Saturday,   February 6th. Moon Sagittarius.   1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  JUPITER is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky at sunset, about to disappear into the setting sun's glow and be invisible for 72 days. It's been ruling the night sky for the past 6 months or so, but its rulership is ending while that of Mars is  beginning.

      Bright yellowish-red MARS rises in the East as Jupiter sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now. The full moon was seen very close to it and will now appear a little further away (to its East) each night.

      SATURN rises in the East about 10 P.M. The moon will appear close to it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

      Hotmail: Trusted email with power