Soul-Calendar, Week 42 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
    • 18 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                     *** ********* ********* ********* *
                           THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th to February  8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the sea-goat from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 4 2  *

    Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel

    Die offenbarung eigner krafte

    Der Seele starker Trieb,

    In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,

    Und ahnend vorzufühlen

    Durch Herzenswärme Sinnesoffenbarung.

    It is in this Winter-dimness

    The revealing of its own Strength

    The Soul’s strong Drive,

    In Darkness so to lead,

    And feeling full of presentiment

    Through Heart's Warmth, Senses' Revelation.

        Last week's verse led us to feel how the power working in the foundation of our soul strove outward, so that divine forces could pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

        This week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and this gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the
    earth awakens and what is now immaterial appears to our senses.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 24th. Moon Taurus.
    Day of St. Timothy (Student of Paul, stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against the worship of Diana).

    Monday,  January 25th. Moon Gemini

    Anniversary of Paul’s Conversion on the Way to Damascus.

    Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

    Tuesday,  January 26th. Moon Gemini.

    Polycarp (Student of the Evangelist John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

    Wednesday,  January 27th. Moon Cancer.

    John Chrysostom (Bishop to Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally, burned 407).

    Mozart born 1756.

    Schelling born 1775.

    1814 Fichte died.

    1808 David Friedrich Strauss born.

    .

    Thursday,  January 28th. Moon Cancer.

     Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died 814).

     .

    Friday,   January 29th. Moon Leo.

    Constantine the Great (first Christian Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.).

    Theobald (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

    Saturday,   January 30th. Moon Leo. Full Moon.

     Alexander.

                                                ********* ********* ********

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky at sunset, still ruling the night sky.

    Bright yellowish-red Mars rises in the East shortly after Jupiter sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now. The full moon will be seen very close to it.

    Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2012
    • 18 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th  through  Feb. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 42 *

     Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel

    Die offenbarung eigner krafte

    Der Seele starker Trieb,

    In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,

    Und ahnend vorzufühlen

    Durch Herzenswärme Sinnesoffenbarung.

    It is in this Winter-dimness

    The revealing of its own Strength

    The Soul’s strong Drive,

    In Darkness so to lead,

    And feeling full of presentiment

    Through Heart's Warmth, of Senses' Revelation.

           Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel how the power working
    in the foundation of the soul strove outward, so that divine forces could
    pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

        This week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and this
    gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the
    coming spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the

    earth awakens.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 5th. Moon Cancer.  Thomas Carlyle died 1881.

    Monday,  February 6th. Moon Leo. 1807 Abolition of Slavery in England.

    Tuesday, February 7th. Moon Leo. Full Moon.   1446 Columbus born.

    Wednesday,  February 8th. Moon Virgo  Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.

    Thursday,  February 9th. Moon Virgo.  Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

    Friday,  February 10th. Moon Libra.   Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.

    Saturday,  February 11th. Moon Libra.   1650 Descartes died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" higher up in the sky.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 14th mantra today.

    Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
    • 18 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORN from January 5th through Feb. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the GOAT from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 42 *

    Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel

    Die offenbarung eigner krafte

    Der Seele starker Trieb,

    In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,

    Und ahnend vorzufühlen

    Durch Herzenswärme Sinnesoffenbarung.

    It is in this Winter-dimness

    The revealing of its own Strength

    The Soul’s strong Drive,

    In Darkness so to lead,

    And feeling full of presentiment

    Through Heart's Warmth, Senses' Revelation.

    An explanation of this week's mantra:
        Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel how the power working
    in the foundation of the soul strove outward, so that divine forces could
    pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

       This week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and this gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer, when the earth awakens.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 20th. Moon Taurus.  Sebastian.

    Monday, January 21st. Moon Gemini  Eusebius.

    Tuesday, January 22nd. Moon Gemini Francis Bacon von Verulam born 1561. Lessing born 1729.  Byron born 1788.  Ampere born 1775.

    Wednesday,  January 23rd. Moon Cancer.    Wedding Anniversary of Mary & Joseph.

    Thursday,  January 24th. Moon Cancer.    Day of St. Timothy (School of Paul, stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against the worship of Diana).

    Friday
     January 25th. Moon Cancer. Anniversary of Paul’s Conversion on the Way to Damascus. Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

    Saturday,
     January 26th. Moon Leo. Full Moon. Polycarp (School of the Evangelist John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, already risen at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. Both will be seen above the full moon as it rises Friday and Saturday nights.

    Message 4 of 5 , Jan 12
    • 18 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th through February 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the GOAT-FISH from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                        * MANTRA # 42  *

    Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel

    Die offenbarung eigner krafte

    Der Seele starker Trieb,

    In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,

    Und ahnend vorzufühlen

    Durch Herzenswärme Sinnesoffenbarung.

    It is in this Winter-dimness

    The revealing of its own Strength

    The Soul’s strong Drive,

    In Darkness so to lead,

    And feeling full of presentiment

    Through Heart's Warmth, of Senses' Revelation.

       Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel how the power working in the foundation of the soul strove outward, so that divine forces could pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

       This week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and this gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer, when our inner selves once more 'sleep' while the earth awakens.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 12th. Moon Gemini. Gottschalk, Christian King in the 11th century.

    Monday, January 13th. Moon Cancer.
    Bernard of Clairveaux.

    Tuesday, January 14th. Moon Cancer.
    Reis, inventor of the telephone,  died 1874.

    Wednesday,  January 15th. Moon Cancer. Full Moon.
     Macarius, celebrated Egyptian hermit of 4th century.

    Thursday, January 16th. Moon Leo.
      Faustus (lived in Alexandria in 3rd century). Historical writer Gibbon died 1794.

    Friday  January 17th. Moon Leo.
    Benjamin Franklin born 1706.

    Saturday,  January 18th. Moon Virgo.  Montesquieu born 1689.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

      In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins at sunset.