    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2010

         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th to February  8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the sea-goat from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 4 1  *

      Der Seele Schaffensmacht,

      Sie strebet aus dem Herzensgrunde,

      Im Menschenleben Gotterkräft

      Zu rechtem Wirken zu entflammen,

      Sich selber zu gestalten

      Im Menschenliebe und im Menschenwerke.

      The Soul's Shaping-Might,

      It strives from out of Heart's Ground,

      In Man's Life Godly Stength

      To righteous Work to enflame,

      So itself to form

      In Man's Love and in Man's Work.

      An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

         Last week's mantra, when worked with, led us to feel how our selfhood, which would otherwise remain illusionary, was made real by the fiery power of the World-Creative Word, through Love.

         This week, this power working in the foundation of the soul strives outward, so that these fiery divine forces can pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, January 17th. Moon Aquarius.   Benjamin Franklin born 1706.

      Monday,  January 18th. Moon Pisces.  Montesquieu born 1689.

      Tuesday,  January 19th. Moon Pisces.   James Watt born 1736.

      Wednesday,  January 20th. Moon Aries.  Sebastian.

      .

      Thursday,  January 21st. Moon Aries.  Eusebius.

       .

      Friday,   January 22nd. Moon Taurus. Francis Bacon von Verulam born 1561. Lessing born 1729.  Byron born 1788.  Ampere born 1775.

      Saturday,   January 23rd. Moon Taurus. First Quarter.  Wedding Anniversary of Mary & Joseph.

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky at sunset, still ruling the night sky. The first crescent of the New Moon appears close to it Sunday and Monday nights the 17th & 18th. Bright yellowish-red Mars rises in the East shortly after Jupiter sets in the West. It's at its closest approach to the earth now. The full moon Jan. 30th will be very close to it.