Soul-Calendar, Week 41 After Easter.

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2001
      Here is the 41st week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52

      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)

      events occurring within one in the course of the year, 12 images of the

      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the

      cosmos in the day and the Moon's position in those constellations for

      each night, for sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and

      other spiritual figures & events for specific days of the week.

      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:
      .
      * M A N T R A # 4 1 *
      Der Seele Schaffensmacht,
      Sie strebet aus dem Herzensgrunde,
      Im Menschenleben Gotterkräft
      Zu rechtem Wirken zu entflammen,
      Sich selber zu gestalten
      Im Menschenliebe und im Menschenwerke.

      The Soul's Shaping-Might
      It strives from out of Heart's Ground,
      In Man's Life Godly Stength
      To righteous Work to enflame,
      So itself to form
      In Man's Love and in Man's Work.

      The anthroposophic path uses mantras to instill Inspiration or "spiritual
      hearing". The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into
      its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language
      and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step
      to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can
      easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:

      Last week we experienced how the Self was filled with the fiery power of
      the Word within us as we experienced the depths of Love within our human
      spirits. This week Divine power seeks to form itself in that Love and in our
      Deeds, as the soul's creative forces strives out from the heart to incite us
      to righteous works.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Capricornus
      from Jan. 5th to Feb. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Goat done
      from Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment.
      The Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night,
      along with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for
      contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      Sunday January 28th. Moon Pisces. Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died
      814).

      Monday January 29th. Moon Pisces. Constantine the Great (first Christian
      Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald
      (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

      Tuesday January 30th. Moon Aries. Alexander.

      Wednesday January 31st. Moon Aries. Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

      Thursday February 1st. Moon Aries. Last Quarter. Brigid, patron saint of
      Ireland, died 500. Ignatius (school of the Evangelist John, by command of the
      Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

      Friday February 2nd. Moon Taurus. Mary’s Light-Mass (Candlemas). Simeon
      (the old man. that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his
      presentation in the Temple).

      Saturday February 3rd. Moon Taurus. Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the
      Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

      *******Dr. Starman

      P.S. Thursday night Feb. 1st, the Moon can be seen near Saturn, near the eye
      of the Bull (the star Aldebaran); the next night it will appear further to
      the left, near bright Jupiter. All three are high overhead at sunset and
      visible till midnight as they move West. Venus is also visible in the West
      right after sunset and for about 2 hours afterwards.