Soul Calendar, Week 37 after Easter (WINTER)

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 7 (WINTER)  *

    Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht

    Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb

    Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime

    In Weltengrunden wurzeln

    Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel

    Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

    "To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,

    Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive,

    That light-filled Soul-Seeds

    In World-Ground take root

    And God's Word in Senses' Darkness

    Makes clear all Being it resounds through."

      An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

       Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to Nature Consciousness) grows. Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed through use of the mantra, saying that, if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others. This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the mantric work we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darknesss of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 20th. Moon Aquarius.  Ammon, Christian teacher of the 2nd century.

    Monday,  December 21st. Moon Pisces.  Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

    Tuesday,  December 22nd. Moon Pisces.  Theodosius.

    Wednesday,  December 23rd. Moon Pisces.  Dagobert.

    .

    Thursday,  December 24th. Moon Aries. First Quarter. Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

     .

    Friday,   December 25th. Moon Aries.  Birth of Jesus. Newton born 1642. Charlemagne crowned King in Rome 799.

    Saturday,   December 26th . Moon Taurus. St. Stephen, the first Martyr.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. The crescent moon will be near it Sunday night. Bright yellowish-red Mars rises in the East shortly after the moon and Jupiter set in the West.