Soul-Calendar, Week 35 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 240 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 5  *

    Kann ich das Sein erkennen

    Dass es sich wiederfindet

    Im Seelenschaffensdrange?

    Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n

    Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst

    Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

    Can I so know Existence

    That it is found again

    In my Soul's Creative Urge?

    I feel that Might is lent me

    For my Self to live at one with

    and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

    An interpretation based on working with the mantra.

       Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, we found, within this growing self-consciousness, the World's power flowing into deeds in such a way that the Self could imprint its nature onto the world.

     This week the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the
    self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be one
    with the world.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 6th. Moon Leo. Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.)
    Max Muller the  Orientalist born 1833.

    Monday,  December 7th. Moon Virgo.   First German railroad opened 1835.

    Tuesday,  December 8th. Moon Virgo.  Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).  Herbert Spencer died 1903.

    Wednesday,  December 9th. Moon Libra. Poet Milton born1608.

    .

    Thursday,  December 10th. Moon Libra. 1520 Luther burns Papal Bull.

     .

    Friday,   December 11th. Moon Scorpio.    1843 Robert Koch born.

    Saturday,   December 12th . Moon Scorpio.   Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

                               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. Bright yellow-red Mars rises in the east about midnight. The moon is close to it Sunday & Monday nights.

    Windows Live Hotmail gives you a free,exclusive gift. Click here to download.
    Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign (one of 5 shades of purple we can't yet actually perceive) ---- is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday, November 28th. Moon Virgo.   Feast day of Noah.

    Monday,  November 29th.  Moon Virgo. 1800 the Decimal system introduced in France.

    Tuesday,  November 30th. Moon Libra. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

    Wednesday,   December tMoon Libra. Longinus.

    Thursday,   December 2ndMoon Scorpio.  Cortez died 1547.

    Friday,    December 3rd. Moon Scorpio.  St. Francis Xavier.

    Saturday,    December 4th. Moon Sagittarius.  Thomas Carlyle born 1795. Galvani died 1798.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    Brilliant white JUPITER is high in the south at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

    Message 3 of 6 , Dec 18, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 240 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday, December 18th. Moon Libra. Lamarck died 1829.

    Monday,  December 19th. Moon Libra.  Abraham.

    Tuesday, December 20th. Moon Scorpio. Ammon, Christian teacher of the 2nd century.

    Wednesday,  December 21st. Moon Scorpio.   Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

    Thursday,  December 22nd. Moon Scorpio. Theodosius.

    Friday,  December 23rd. Moon Sagittarius.  Dagobert.

    Saturday,  December 24th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises about midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 9th mantra today.

    Message 4 of 6 , Nov 24, 2013

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' or purple we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 35  *

      Kann ich das Sein erkennen

      Dass es sich wiederfindet

      Im Seelenschaffensdrange?

      Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n

      Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst

      Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

      Can I so know Existence

      That it is found again

      In my Soul's Creative Urge?

      I feel that Might is lent me

      For my Self to live at one with

      and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

      An interpretation of this week's mantra: Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows.

      Last week, we found within this growing self-consciousness the World's power flowing into deeds in such a way that the self could imprint its nature onto the world.

      This week the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be one with the world.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 24th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter. 1632 Spinoza born.

      Monday, November 25th. Moon Virgo. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

      Tuesday, November 26th. Moon Virgo.  Alexander.

      Wednesday,  November 27th. Moon Libra. 1701 Celsius born.

      Thursday, November 28th. Moon LibraFeast day of Noah.

      Friday  November 29th. Moon Scorpio. 1800 Decimal System adopted in France.

      Saturday,  November 30th. Moon Scorpio.   1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 11 P.M.