Soul Calendar #33

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 50 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 3  *

    So fühl ich erst die Welt,
    Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
    An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
    Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
    In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,
    In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

    So feel I first the World,
    That without my Soul's Living-With it
    As but a frozen empty Life
    And without Power is revealed,
    In new shaping out of the Soul,
    In itself alone, can only find Death.

        In the Autumn, we gradually gain greater Self-Consciousness rather than
    the outer consciousness of external nature we had in summer.

        This week, we reach the point in this growth of self-consciousness, where we detach completely from the outer world and see that, without our soul's participation in it, it would be only an icy, dead wasteland.

        We feel a strong urge to create--- but also see that, if we create what has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be "dead".

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 22nd. Moon Aquarius.  1694 Voltaire born.

    Monday,  November 23rd. Moon Aquarius.  Clemens (the companion of Paul).

    Tuesday,  November 24th. Moon Pisces. First Quarter. 1632 Spinoza born.

    Wednesday,  November 25th. Moon Pisces. 1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

    .

    Thursday,  November 26th. Moon Aries. Alexander.

     .

    Friday,   November 27th. Moon Aries. 1701 Celsius born.

    Saturday,   November 28th . Moon Aries.  Feast day of Noah.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. The moon appears close to it Sunday and Monday nights.