Soul-Calendar, Week 29 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 20 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 9  *

    Sich selbst des Denkens leuchten

    Im Innern kraftvoll zu entfachen,

    Erlebtes sinnvoll deutend

    Aus Weltengeistes Kräftequell,

    Ist mir nun Sommererbe

    Ist Herbstesruhe und auch Winterhoffnung.

    The Glowing Light of Thinking

    Within oneself powerfully to enkindle,

    Life's meaningfulness interpreting

    Out of the World-Spirit's Power-Source,

    Is to me Summer's inheritance,

    Is Fall's Rest and also Winter's Hope.

    This week's mantra:

        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week, we felt this growing self-consciousness cause our being to widen: thinking found itself able to solve seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life, and in our feelings, many wishes we had given up on now we see it possible to realize.

        This week, we should feel this growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless in life; giving us a feeling of a restful pause and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 25th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter.    1806 Max Stirner born.

    Monday, October 26th. Moon Aquarius. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).

    Tuesday, October 27th. Moon Aquarius. Sabina.

    Wednesday, October 28th. Moon Pisces. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

    .

    Thursday,  October 29th. Moon Pisces. Narcissus.

     .

    Friday,  October 30th. Moon Aries. Claudius.

    Saturday,  October 31st. Moon Aries. Wolfgang.

                               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky. The moon passes close to it Monday and Tuesday nights.

    Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.
    Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 20 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, VIOLET, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 9  *

    Sich selbst des Denkens leuchten

    Im Innern kraftvoll zu entfachen,

    Erlebtes sinnvoll deutend

    Aus Weltengeistes Kräftequell,

    Ist mir nun Sommererbe

    Ist Herbstesruhe und auch Winterhoffnung.

    The Glowing Light of Thinking

    Within oneself powerfully to enkindle,

    Life's meaningfulness interpreting

    Out of the World-Spirit's Power-Source,

    Is to me Summer's inheritance,

    Is Fall's Rest and also Winter's Hope.

    An interpretation of this week's mantram:

        The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week, we felt this growing self-consciousness cause our being to widen: thinking found itself able to solve seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life, and in our feelings, many wishes we had given up on now we see it possible to realize.

        This week, we should feel this growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless in life; giving us a feeling of a restful pause and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 17th. Moon Pisces.  Hilarius.

    Monday,  October 18th.  Moon Pisces.
    Luke (the Evangelist).

    Tuesday,  October 19th. Moon Pisces.
    Ptolemäus.

    Wednesday,   October 20thMoon Aries. Arthur.

    Thursday,   October 21stMoon Aries. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).

    Friday,    October 22nd. Moon Taurus.  1811 Franz Liszt born.

    Saturday,    October 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Ignatius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    Brilliant JUPITER rises in the East at sunset. The almost-full moon will be seen next to it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

    Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 20 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'      Sorry we are late this week.-starman

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday, November 6th . Moon Aries 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

     Monday,  November 7th. Moon Aries. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

     Tuesday, N
    ovember 8th. Moon Taurus.
     1674 Milton died.

    .Wednesday,
     November 9th. Moon Taurus. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

    Thursday,
     November 10th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

    Friday,  November 11th. Moon Gemini.  St. Martin's Day.

    Saturday,
     November 12th. Moon Gemini.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn. The full moon this week will appear close to it.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the third mantra today.

    Message 4 of 6 , Oct 12, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 460 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through November 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday, October 13th. Moon Aquarius. Angelus.

    Monday, October 14th. Moon Pisces.  Callistus.

    Tuesday, October 15th. Moon Pisces.  1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

    Wednesday,  October 16th. Moon Aries Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

    Thursday, October 17th. Moon Aries Hilarius.

    Friday  October 18th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Luke (the Evangelist).

    Saturday,  October 19th. Moon Taurus.  Ptolemäus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.