Bondarev yet again

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2009
      Submitted for your consideration:

      I have only just begun to read the fragment
      (which Jeff B. so helpfully provided) of Graham
      Rickett's English translation of Bondarev's tome
      on *PoF*, *An Introduction to Anthroposophical
      Methodology*. And again, as with
      *Anthroposophie auf der Kreuzung . . . *, I
      already get the feeling that I am in the
      presence of genius. Perhaps this book will be
      the one that will bring *PoF* to the place it
      deserves in the Anthro Movement, and even in the
      world at large? I hope that this translation
      will be completed and published ASAP . . . and
      yet again I feel sad wonder at the fact that the
      Dornach Society would not tolerate the presence
      of this genius in her midst.

      And again, I have to wonder from what state of
      consciousness is Bondarev writing. He quotes
      Steiner plenty, but it seems to me that he does
      not merely rely on Steiner's clairvoyance, but
      mixes in some higher cognition of his own. As
      he hints here, almost at the very beginning of
      this book, in the course of his historical
      survey:

      "A certain power of imagination is essential if
      one is to look back into the world of the Greek
      soul and feel what judgments of this kind
      represented for them, as regards both form and
      content."

      It seems evident that Bondarev is speaking from
      a stage of "Imagination" sometimes at least, but
      I wonder how much higher he has attained on the
      Path of Cognition. Is he an Initiate?

      I don't know the answer; I'm just floating the
      question.

      BTW, the German translation of the book is
      distributed by Lochmann Verlag:
      <http://lochmann-verlag.com/bondarewphdfreiheit_info.htm>

      Robert Mason