Calendar of the Soul, Week 26 after Easter (MICHAELMAS)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 231 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 6  * (Michaelmas)

    Natur, deine mütterliches Sein,

    Ich trage es in meinem Willenswesen;

    Und meines Willens Feuermacht,

    Sie stählet meines Geistes Triebe,

    Dass sie gebären Selbstgefühl,

    Zu tragen mich in mir.

    Nature, your mother-like Being,

    I carry you in my Will-Essence;

    And my Will's Fiery Might,

    It steels my Spirit-Drive,

    That this bears Self-Feeling,

    To carry myself in me.

          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone, so that the Light which within could be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This week is the mood of Michaelmas verse itself---the developing ego-consciousness we have at this season we can feel is the Being of Nature itself, and we carry this into our own Wills; then, the will can give 'steel' or backbone to the drives of our conscious human spirits, so that they have a stamp of Self-feeling; and if we flow with this, then, we have the experience of a second Self we carry within our ordinary selves.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 4th. Moon Aries. Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

    Monday, October 5th. Moon Taurus.  Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

    Tuesday, October 6th. Moon Taurus. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

    Wednesday, October 7th. Moon Gemini. Serapius.

    .

    Thursday,  October 8th. Moon Gemini. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

     .

    Friday,  October 9th. Moon Cancer. Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

    Saturday,  October 10th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter.   Gideon.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.