Soul-Calendar, Week 25 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 231 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, indigo) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

    Ich darf nun mir gehören

    Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht

    In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.

    Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,

    Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen

    Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten

    In kalte Winterfluten.

    I now must belong only to myself

    And lightening, spread Inner Light

    Into Space and Time darkness.

    As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,

    The Souls's Deeps shall awaken

    And waking, carry the Sun's Glow

    Into the cold Winter-flowing.

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed.

        This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year

    .

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 27th. Moon Capricorn.  Cosmas and Damian, famous medical benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.

    Monday, September 28th. Moon Aquarius.  1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

    Tuesday, September 29th. Moon Aquarius.  Michael (the Archangel).

    Wednesday, September 30th. Moon Pisces. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

    .

    Thursday,  October 1st. Moon Pisces. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

     .

    Friday,  October 2nd. Moon Pisces. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

    Saturday,  October 3rd. Moon Aries. Full Moon.  Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky. The waxing moon will be seen near it Monday and Tuesday nights.

    Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now