Soul-Calendar, Week 22 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 61 KB

    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.s

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, blue) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 2  *

    Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,

    Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:

    Es wird zum Seelenlichte

    Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,

    Um Früchte zu entbinden,

    Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst

    Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

    The Light out of World-Widenesses

    In my Inner lives as a continuing power;

    It turns into Soul-Light

    And shines in Spirit-deeps,

    The Fruit to unbind,

    That Man's Self out of World's Self

    In Time's course will allow to ripen.

    This week's mantra (an interpretation based on working with the verse):

        Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within, releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our "Nature-Consciousness" strives to become inner "Self Consciousness", ---- but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to "lean" on outer things for consciousness. This is why the symbol of the warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.

          This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 6th. Moon Aries. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born

    Monday, September 7th. Moon Aries.  Regina

    Tuesday, September 8th. Moon Taurus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of Christianity in France and Germany in the 8th century.

    Wednesday, September 9th. Moon Taurus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

    .

    Thursday, September 10th. Moon Gemini. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

     .

    Friday, September 11th. Moon Gemini. Last QuarterAbraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

    Saturday, September 12th. Moon Cancer.  Tobias.

               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

    Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29 5:53 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 469 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he sais corresponded to the sign, blue, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

                                                ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 29th Moon Taurus. Beheading of John the Baptist.

    Monday,  August 30th.  Moon Taurus. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the magnetic North Pole died.

    Tuesday,  August 31st. Moon Gemini. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

    Wednesday,   September 1st. Moon Gemini. Last Quarter.  Firminus.

    Thursday,   September 2nd. Moon Gemini. Absalom.

    Friday,    September 3rd Moon Cancer.  Eusebius.

    Saturday,    September 4th. Moon Cancer. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

                                              ***** ****

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

    JUPITER has now become a brilliant "evening star", rising in the East between 10-11 PM. It is opposite Venus, rising as it sets.

    Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 29 KB

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 2  *

    Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,

    Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:

    Es wird zum Seelenlichte

    Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,

    Um Früchte zu entbinden,

    Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst

    Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

    The Light out of World-Widths

    In my Inner lives as a continuing power;

    It turns into Soul-Light

    And shines in Spirit-depths,

    The Fruit to unbind,

    That Man's Self out of World's Self

    In Time's course will allow to ripen.

        Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within, releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self Consciousness--- but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.

        This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 18th. Moon Gemini.

    Titus (School of Paul).

    Monday, September 19th. Moon Gemini.

     Eustachius.

    Tuesday, September 20th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter.

     Castor.

    Wednesday, September 21st. Moon Cancer.

    Matthew (the Evangelist).

    Thursday, September 22nd. Moon Leo.

     1452 Savanarola born.

    Friday, September 23rd. Moon Leo.

    63 B.C. Augustus born.

    .

    Saturday, September 24th. Moon  Virgo.

    1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from shortly before midnight till dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise. The waning moon passes close by it Thursday and Friday mornings.

    Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 469 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Blue, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 22 *

    Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,

    Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:

    Es wird zum Seelenlichte

    Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,

    Um Früchte zu entbinden,

    Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst

    Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

    The Light out of World-Widths

    Within me lives as a continuing power;

    It turns into Soul-Light

    And shines in the Spirit-depths,

    The Fruit to release,

    That Man's Self out of World's Self

    In Time's course will allow to ripen.

        This week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth is felt as an ongoing power within, releasing the fruit of its working. That work is to evolve a new "Self" for us out of the "World-Self." At this time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease being very conscious of the external world and instead start to become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state.  Our Nature-Consciousness now strives to become inner Self Consciousness.  In other words, we've been experiencing the "World-Self" in Summer--- now that starts to become a new Self in us, different from last year's.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday,  September 2nd. Moon Aries.  Absalom.

    Monday,   September 3rd. Moon Aries.   Eusebius.

    Tuesday,  September 4th. Moon Taurus.  Marcellus, Student of Peter.  Moses.

    Wednesday,   September 5th. Moon Taurus.   Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

    Thursday,  September 6th. Moon Taurus.   Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

    Friday
     September 7th. Moon Gemini. Regina.

    Saturday,  September 8th. Moon Gemini. Last Quarter.
      Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    Jupiter and Venus are the bright "stars" in the East before sunrise.

    Message 5 of 5 , Aug 25 2:09 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 469 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through September 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, blue, is attached to this e-mail.

                                        * MANTRA # 22 *

    Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,

    Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:

    Es wird zum Seelenlichte

    Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,

    Um Früchte zu entbinden,

    Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst

    Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

    The Light out of World-Widths

    Within me lives as a continuing power;

    It turns into Soul-Light

    And shines in Spirit-depths,

    The Fruit to set free,

    That Man's Self out of World's Self

    In Time's course will allow to ripen.

            An interpretation of the mantra:

    *******This week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth is felt as an ongoing power within, releasing the fruit of its working. That work is to evolve a new "Self" for us out of the "World-Self." At this time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease being very conscious of the external world and instead start to become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state.  Our Nature-Consciousness now strives to become inner Self- Consciousness.  In other words, we've been experiencing the "World-Self" in Summer--- now that starts to become a new Self in us, different from last year's.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 25th. Moon Taurus.  Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900 Nietzche died. 1844 Herder born.

    Monday, August 26th. Moon Taurus. Samuel the Israelite Priest.

    Tuesday, August 27th. Moon Taurus. 1770 Hegel born.

     Wednesday,  August 28th. Moon Gemini. Last Quarter.  Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430. 1749 Goethe born.

    Thursday,  August 29th. Moon Gemini. Beheading of John the Baptist.

    Friday  August 30th. Moon Cancer.

    1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the magnetic North Pole died.

    Saturday,  August 31st. Moon Cancer. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.

       Saturn is in the southwestern sky at sunset, near the stars of Scorpius. Venus will approach closer to it over the next 3 weeks.