Soul-Calendar, Week 20 after Esater

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 469 KB
     The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.s

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, blue) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 0  *

    So fühl ich erst mein Sein,

    Das fern vom Welten-Dasein

    In sich, sich selbst erlöschen

    Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde

    In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

    So feel I first my Being

    That far from World-Existence

    In itself, itself loses

    And building only out of its own Ground

    In itself, itself must die.

    This week's mantra:

        This week, we begins to feel our selves for the first time since 'losing' them in the light & warmth of the summer; it is the start of the change from Summer to Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere.

       But, along with this is the feeling that oneself, isolated from the world, will perish along with all that one attempts to BUILD from self --- IF that is the SOLE basis of one's creations.

                  ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 23rd. Moon Libra.  Claudius.

     .

    Monday, August 24th. Moon Scorpio.  Barnabas, the companion of Paul.  Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

    .

    Tuesday, August 25th. Moon Scorpio.  Ludwig IX of France, the Crusader. 1900 Nietzche died. 1844 Herder born.

    .

    Wednesday, August 26th. Moon Sagittarius.  Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

    .

    Thursday, August 27th. Moon Sagittarius. First Quarter. 1770 Hegel born.

     .

    Friday, August 28th. Moon Sagittarius..Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430. 1749 Goethe born.

    Saturday, August 29th. Moon Capricorn. Beheading of John the Baptist.

    .

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

    Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.