    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 7:16 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 469 KB

        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

       Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.s

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, blue) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 8 *

    Kann ich die Seele weiten,

    Dass sie sich selbst verbinden

    Empfangnem Welten-Keimesworte?

    Ich ahne, dass ich Kraft muss finden

    Die Seele w├╝rdig zu gestalten

    Zum Geistes-Kleide sich zu bilden.

    Can I the Soul widen

    That she herself can bind

    To conceived World-Seed-Word?

    I sense that I strength must find

    The Soul worthily to form

    To Spirit-Clothing to build itself.

      An interpretation:  The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self, in the wintertime.

        This week we feel a fore-sensing of the need for more inner strength, to widen ourselves more, so as to take in that world that speaks to us through the senses' beauty (which we have been taking in to the soul's depths since Summer began). The expanse of the world in it outer s very essence, is already a seed planted within us by the Cosmic Word, like a conception which will lead to birth at Christmastime; we feel the need to form our Soul well enough to provide the 'outer garment' for this spirit when it 'incarnates'.

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 9th. Moon Aries.  Cajetan. Ericus.

     .

    Monday, August 10th. Moon Aries, Agathe. Laurentius.

    .

    Tuesday, August 11th. Moon Aries. Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde. Susanna. Tiburtius.

    .

    Wednesday, August 12th. Moon Taurus.  Clara. Hilaria. Sulpicius.

    .

    Thursday, August 13th. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter. Hippolytus.

     .

    Friday, August 14th. Moon Gemini.  Eusebius.

    Saturday, August 15th. Moon Gemini.  Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn, ruling the night sky.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East. Mars is close to the brilliant orange-reddish "Bull's Eye", Aldebaran, while Venus is lower down, closer to the horizon, amongst the stars of the Twins.

    Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. Try it now.