Soul-Calendar, Week 17 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2 9:39 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB

        The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in what Steiner said was the color of the sign, green) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *

    Es spricht das Weltenwort,

    Das ich durch Sinnestore

    In Seelengründen durfte führen:

    Erfülle deine Geistestiefen

    Mit meinen Weltenweiten,

    Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

    There speaks the World-Word,

    That I through the Senses' Gate

    Would lead into the Soul's Ground:

    "Fill your Spirit-Deeps

    With my World-Widenesses

    To find one day Me in you."

       An interpretation based on working with the mantra: The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.

       This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that, as we fill our "I" with
    the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently part of us, which we'll discover later in the year.

                   ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 2nd. Moon Capricorn. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

     .

    Monday, August 3rd. Moon Capricorn,  1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

    .

    Tuesday, August 4th. Moon Aquarius. Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

    .

    Wednesday, August 5th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. 1396 Gutenberg born.

    .

    Thursday, August 6th. Moon Aquarius.   Sixtus.

     .

    Friday, August 7th. Moon Pisces.  Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

    Saturday, August 8th. Moon Pisces.  Cyriacus. Justinus. Romanus. Eseverus. Smaragdus. Ladislaus.

               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn. The almost-full moon is near it Sunday and Monday nights August 2nd and 3rd. The full moon Wednesday night will be eclipsed for an hour, about 9PM EST.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East. Mars is close to the brilliant orange-reddish "Bull's Eye", Aldebaran, while Venus is lower down, closer to the horizon, amongst the stars of the Twins.

    Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.
    Message 2 of 5 , Aug 14 1:09 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 78 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (blue) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 17 *

    Es spricht das Weltenwort,

    Das ich durch Sinnestore

    In Seelengründen durfte führen:

    Erfülle deine Geistestiefen

    Mit meinen Weltenweiten,

    Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

    There speaks the World-Word,

    That I through the Senses' Gate

    Would lead to Soul's Ground:

    "Fill your Spirit-Depths

    With my World-Widenesses

    To find one day Me in you."

    An interpretation of the mantra:

         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
the World-Self.

         This week in that process, that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty,
which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that, as we fill our "I" with
the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
part of us.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 14th. Moon Pisces.  Eusebius.

    Monday, August 15th.  Moon Pisces.  Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

    Tuesday, August 16th. Moon Aries. 1743 the Chemist Lavoisier born.

    Wednesday, August 17thMoon Aries. Augusta.

    Thursday, August 18thMoon Aries  Joachim (Father of Maria).

    Friday,  August 19th. Moon Taurus. 1662 Blaise Pascal died.

    Saturday,  August 20th. Moon Taurus.  1854 the Philosopher Schelling died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the west at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It will only be visible a few more days.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Jupiter and dimmer, reddish Mars are both visible in the east just before sunrise, Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky.

    Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Green, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday, July 29th. Moon Sagittarius.  Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

    Monday,  July 30th. Moon Capricorn. Ruth.

    Tuesday, July 31st. Moon Capricorn.  1472 University of Munich founded.

                      1556 Ignatius von Loyola died. 1886 Franz Liszt died.

    Wednesday,  August 1st. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon.  Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

    Thursday, August 2nd. Moon Aquarius. Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

    Friday August 3rd. Moon Pisces.
     1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

    Saturday,  August 4th. Moon Pisces.
    Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn continue to dominate the night sky. Reddish Mars is high in the south at sunset, to the left of the Lion.  Yellowish Saturn is further east, above Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin. Mars is approaching Saturn and will conjunct it very soon.

    Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 27 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st through August 3rd in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the CRAB from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, green, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 17 *

    Es spricht das Weltenwort,

    Das ich durch Sinnestore

    In Seelengründen durfte führen:

    Erfülle deine Geistestiefen

    Mit meinen Weltenweiten,

    Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

    There speaks the World-Word,

    That I, through the Senses' Gate,

    Would let lead into the Soul's Ground:

    "Fill your Spirit-Deeps

    With my World-Widths

    To find one day Me in you."

    An interpretation of the mantra:

        The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
    and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
    the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
    the World-Self.

        This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that as we fill our "I" with the expanse of the world its very essence will become something permanently part of us.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, July 21st. Moon Capricorn.  Daniel.

    Monday, July 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

    Tuesday, July 23rd. Moon Aquarius.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

     Wednesday,  July 24th. Moon Pisces.   Christiana.

    Thursday,  July 25th. Moon Pisces.  St. Christopher.

    Friday
     July 26th. Moon Aries. Anna.

    Saturday,  July 27th
    . Moon Aries. Martha.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.
       Saturn is high in the southern sky at sunset, near the stars of Scorpius.