Soul-Calendar, Week 13 after Easter

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5 6:03 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB
                       The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

    Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

    So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

    Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

    Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

    In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

    Dich geistverwand zu finden.

    And when I am in the Senses' Heights

    There flames up in my Soul's Deeps

    Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

    The Gods' Truth-Word:

    "In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

    Your spirit-relation to find."

    The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the experience of the senses, which is the manifestation of the World Spirit: and this is what we must experience fully at this time in order to find our OWN Spirit which is united to it.

    The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

           ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

         THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, July 5th. Moon Capricorn,  Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

     .

    Monday, July 6th. Moon Capricorn,  Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

    .

    Tuesday, July 7th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon.  Demetrius.

    .

    Wednesday, July 8th. Moon Aquarius. Aquila and Priscilla.

    .

    Thursday, July 9th. Moon Aquarius. Anatolia.

     .

    Friday, July 10th. Moon Pisces. 1509 Calvin born.

    Saturday, July 11th. Moon Pisces. Pius I.

               ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *****

    PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the West from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

    Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeast-south from a few hours after sunset till dawn. The waning moon will be seen to pass close to it Thursday and Friday nights.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week.

    Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB
         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           ****** *
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he sais corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

    Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

    So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

    Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

    Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

    In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

    Dich geistverwand zu finden.

    And when I am in the Senses' Heights

    There flames up in my Soul's Depths

    Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

    The Gods' Truth-Word:

    'In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

    Your spirit-relation to find.'

    An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

      The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the sense-world, which is the World Spirit manifesting now, in this summer half of the year (in the other half it's not physically visible): and this is what we must experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

                                                          ***** ********* ********* *

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, June 27th Moon Capricorn. Phillipina.

    Monday, June 28th.  Moon Aquarius. Leo.

    Tuesday, June 29th. Moon Aquarius.  Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

    Wednesday, June 30th. Moon Pisces. Festival in Memory of Paul.

    Thursday, July 1st. Moon Pisces.   G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

    Friday, July 2nd Moon Pisces. 1778 Rousseau died.

    Saturday, July 3rd. Moon Aries.  Anatolius.

    .

                                              ***** ****

    PLANETS in the Night Sky:

    Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

    Reddish MARS is to its left, higher in the Western sky. Between them is the Lion's heart, the bright star Regulus.

    SATURN is in the southwest to the left of Mars, beneath the Lion's tail.

    Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16 1:13 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 57 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (yellow) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 3 *

    Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

    So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

    Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

    Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

    In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

    Dich geistverwand zu finden.

    And when I am in the Senses' Heights

    There flames up in my Soul's Depths

    Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

    The Gods' Truth-Word:

    In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

    Your spirit-relation to find.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

    The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which IS the World Spirit --- and this is what we must experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, July 17th. Moon Pisces.  Leo IV.

    Monday, July 18th.  Moon Pisces.  St. Thomas Aquinas.

    Tuesday, July 19th. Moon Pisces.  St. Vincent de Paul.

    Wednesday, July 20thMoon Aries. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

    Thursday, July 21stMoon Aries.  Daniel.

    Friday,  July 22nd. Moon Taurus. Last Quarter.   Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784.

    Saturday,  July 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the southwest at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning stars" Jupiter and Venus are visible in the east just before sunrise, rising in that order, with dimmer, reddish Mars between them. The waning crescent moon is seen near Jupiter the early mornings of Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24th.

    Message 4 of 8 , Jun 23, 2013
      he 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is below.

      * MANTRA # 13 *

      Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

      So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

      Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

      Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

      In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

      Dich geistverwand zu finden.

      And when I am in the Senses' Heights

      There flames up in my Soul's Depths

      Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

      The Gods' Truth-Word:

      "In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

      Your spirit-relation to find."

          An interpretation of the mantra: The spiritual force of the light is so strong that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which IS the World Spirit: and this is what we must
      experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, June 23rd. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon.  Colombus born 1456.

      Monday, June 24th. Moon CapricornJohn the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

      Tuesday, June 25th. Moon Aquarius.  Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

       Wednesday,  June 26th. Moon Aquarius.   Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

      Thursday,  June 27th. Moon Pisces. Phillipina.

      Friday
       June 28th. Moon Pisces. Leo.

      Saturday,  June 29th
      . Moon Aries. . Festival of Peter and Paul.   Rubens born 1577.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.
         Saturn is high in the southern sky at sunset. It is at its greatest brilliancy near the stars of Scorpius.

      -starman

      Message 5 of 8 , Jul 12 4:16 PM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 57 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, yellow, is attached to this e-mail.

      *******MANTRA # 13*******

      Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,

      So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen

      Aus Geistes Feuerwelten

      Der Götter Wahrheitswort:

      In Geistesgründen suche ahnend

      Dich geistverwand zu finden.

      And when I am in the Senses' Heights

      There flames up in my Soul's Depths

      Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds

      The Gods' Truth-Word:

      In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly

      Your spirit-relation to find.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

      The spiritual force of the light is so strong now that we lose ourselves totally in the senses, which is the World Spirit (we sense it through our inner selves in Winter and through our bodily senses in Summer): and this is what we must experience fully in order to find our own Spirit which is united to it.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday July 13th. Moon Aquarius.  1889 Robert Hamerling died.

      Monday July 14th. Moon Pisces. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural Scientist) born.

      Tuesday July 15th. Moo
      n Pisces. The Day that, according to legend, the Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

      Wednesday July 16th. Moon Pisces.  The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

      Thursday July 17th. Moon Aries. Leo IV.

      Friday July 18th. Moon Aries. Last Quarter.
      St. Thomas Aquinas.

      Saturday July 19th. Moon Taurus. St. Vincent de Paul.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Mars is high in the south at sunset, a brilliant yellow-red "star". Very close to it is the bright star Spica (the ear of corn held by Virgo the Virgin). Dimmer, yellowish Saturn is further to the left (east) of both.