Re: Newbie Questions

  • carol
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009

      Olwe wrote: "... So, again, which Steiner should I read to understand his sentient evolution theories?"

      Hi Olwe, the terminology you employed is a little 'out of line' with what Steiner used – I'm guessing through your use of the term 'sentient evolution theory' you are meaning a human historical/evolutionary decoding which relies to a certain extent on image 'reality' and which is generally characterized by being both  'felt' at the same time as 'understood'.

      The human ability to decode historic facts in the above described manner is not exactly called 'sentient' in Anthroposophical terminology. 'Sentient' normally presupposes that a certain amount of 'sentimentality' and that these both remain exclusive to what's called the 'astral body' or 'feeling body' if you will.

      A living individual who strives to consciously balance both 'feeling' and 'cognition' in their personal view of the world  ( ex.  well-balanced sentient and intellectual perceiving  ) would equally reveal of him/her self a deeply-set 'will' to view the world through something  of a  distinctly 'new lens' which, in itself, strives towards a higher form of personal/soul  objectivity.

      This phenomena is 'witness' to  the fact that the  'consciousness soul' is making it's headways into actual world becoming.

      Olwe, is it possible that you might be looking for a 'consciousness soul' depiction of 'aspects' to world evolution ?

      At the Rudolf Steiner Archives web site, I typed in "world evolution world becoming" a put it through a search.

      http://www.google.com/custom?hl=en&safe=active&client=pub-6820709641987870&channel=7663793394&cof=FORID%3A1%3BGL%3A1%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.rsarchive.org%2F%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwn.rsarchive.org%2Ficons%2FGoogle%2FRSArc_logoG.gif%3BLH%3A50%3BLW%3A360%3BLBGC%3ACCCCC0%3BBGC%3A%23fffff8%3BT%3A%2344423a%3BLC%3A%23000000%3BGALT%3A%23333333%3BGFNT%3A%23666660%3BGIMP%3A%23333330%3BDIV%3A%2337352E%3B&domains=rsarchive.org&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&q=world+evolution+world+becoming&btnG=Search&sitesearch=rsarchive.org

      PS. don't expect to obtain results to the notion of 'theory'...

      In the volume: Occult Science – An outline , there are 7 chapters reserved for discussion on:

      V Man and the Evolution of the World

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Books/GA013/English/RSP1969/GA013_index.html

      Hope this helps out a little, Olwe.

      Summer greetings, carol.

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "galanolwe" <galanolwe@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Did Steiner believe that all life is evolving towards higher sentience/state-of-being? I believe it is. My theory is based on the fact that examples of curiosity are rampant throughout the animal world. That is to say, animals exhibit curiosity beyond any normal biology-Darwinian explanation. To me curiosity is the gateway to higher sentience and agape.
      >
      > So, again, which Steiner should I read to understand his sentient evolution theories?
      >
      > Olwe
      > Grand Marais, MN
      >
      > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Durward Starman DrStarman@ wrote:
      > >

      > > *******Welcome to our group. Perhaps next post you could tell us your name? ;-)
      > >
      > > How to start into anthroposophy is a big topic because there are so many ways to begin. Many people are first drawn to the Waldorf Schools, and then find anthroposophy from that; or the anthroposophic medicine, or the arts like Eurythmy, or through the new form of astrology we practice, called "astrosophy", etc. But what anthroposophy is, is a scientific approach to developing clairvoyance or psychic ability, and it was spread by Dr. Steiner through carefully-written books, which serve as tools of initiation, replacing the "guru" who used to personally guide one. He gave thousands of lectures (most of the "books" you seee listed with Steiner as author are actually transcripts of groups of lectures), and personally worked with hundreds of people, who had read his books first. You can find a document written by me outlining what's in the basic books in the Files section of our group. Among them are Theosophy, Knowledge of the Higher Worlds, Cosmic Memory and An Outline of Occult Science. In the last two books he describes the past and future of the earth and mankind, and indeed depicts how we once were in a state of consciousness like the present-day animal, and will one day advance to that of the angels and further. The angelic beings, in fact, passed through a human stage already, and the animals will pass through one in the future.
      > >

      > > Starman
      > >
      > > www.DrStarman.com
      > >

      > > To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: galanolwe@
      > > Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:11:36 +0000
      > > Subject: [steiner] Newbie Questions
      > >

      > > Hello, just joined, first post...
      > >
      > > What would be a good first read to understand R. Steiner and Anthroposophy? Also, I've heard that Steiner believed the human would evolve into a more angel- or (Tolkien) Elf-like state of higher sentience. Have I heard correctly?

      > > Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage.

    • galanolwe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        Somewhere I read that Steiner believed we would evolve beyond what we are now to a demi-angelic-like being, and that this evolution would not be in the usual, gradual Darwinian sense, but much quicker. I'm looking for that discussion by Steiner.