SOUL-CALENDAR, WEEK 10 AFTER EASTER

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB
          The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
       Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *  M A N T R A  # 1 0 *

    Zu sommerlichen Höhen

    Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

    Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

    In seine Raumesweiten mit.

    Erahnend regt im Innern sich

    Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

    Erkennen wirst du einst:

    Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

    To summer-like Heights

    Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

    It draws my human Feeling

    Into the widths of Space with it.

    There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

    Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

    You will realize one day:

    You feel now a God’s Essence.

    An interpretation:: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,

    growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out

    with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact

    in the heights of summer.

    The summer motif is"Lose yourself to find yourself."

           ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

         THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, June 14th. Moon Pisces. .Basilius.

     .

    Monday, June 15th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Vitus.

    .

    Tuesday, June 16th. Moon Aries.  Aurelius.

    .

    Wednesday, June 17th. Moon Aries. Montanus.

    .

    Thursday, June 18th. Moon Taurus. Markus. .

     .

    Friday, June 19th. Moon Taurus. Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

    Saturday, June 20th. Moon Gemini.  Silverius.

    .

    PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week, while the waning crescent moon passes close to both Thursday and Friday mornings.

    Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeast-south from midnight till dawn.