Soul-Calendar, Week 7 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 11:12 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

    Dr. Rudolf Steiner
    gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
    A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

    *    M A N T R A  #7 *

    Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

    Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

    Nun trete du mein Ahnen

    In deine Rechte kraftig ein

    Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

    Das in der Sinne Schein

    Sich selbst verlieren will.

    My Self, it threatens to fly out,

    To World-Light mightily drawn.

    Now enter you, my foreboding,

    Into your rightful place forcefully,

    Restore for me Thinking’s Might

    That in the Senses’ Shine

    Would lose itself.

    An interpretation:

       The weaving of the Sun in the Springtime growth of the plants reveals the Divine working.

    The past few weeks we feel this wonderful light-filled spiritual essence's working as being like our soul's working, but spread out into external space.

    But now the spiritual force of the light is so strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a feeling, a premonition, of what is to come in the future grows in us now, to keep us from being only in this present moment--- preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the wonderful play of the senses.

         THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, May 24th. Moon Gemini. New Moon. Copernicus died 1543. Lord Bulwer-Lytton born 1803

     .

    Monday, May 25th. Moon GeminiLaying of the Foundation Stone of the Strassbourg Monastery 1277.

    .

    Tuesday, May 26th. Moon Cancer. The Venerable Bede (famous English monk of the 8th century).

    .

    Wednesday, May 27th. Moon Cancer.  Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265. Calvin died 1564..

    .

    Thursday, May 28th. Moon Leo.  Wilhelm.

     .

    Friday, May 29th. Moon Leo. Christiana.

    Saturday, May 30th. Moon Virgo. First Quarter.  The Maid of Orleans burnt 1431.

    PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion. The moon passes close to it Saturday and Sunday nights May 30th and 31st.

    PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes, while Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the south.

    Message 2 of 3 , May 16 7:59 PM

           The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                     ****** ***
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      *    M A N T R A  #7 *

      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

      Nun trete du mein Ahnen

      In deine Rechte kraftig ein

      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

      Das in der Sinne Schein

      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out,

      To World-Light mightily drawn.

      Now enter you, my foreboding,

      Into your rightful place forcefully,

      Restore for me Thinking’s Might

      That in the Senses’ Shine

      Would lose itself.

      An interpretation based on working with the mantras:

          The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine working. The past few weeks we can feel that spiritual essence working as being like our souls spread out in external space, and we're drawn to it. But now the spiritual force of the light is so strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a feeling of what is to come in the future grows in us to keep us from being only in this present moment, preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the senses.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 16th Moon Cancer. Sarah. Suzanne.

      Monday,  May 17th. Moon Cancer.  Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

      Tuesday,  May 18th. Moon Leo. Isabella.

      Wednesday,  May 19th. Moon Leo. J.G. Fichte born 1762.

      Thursday,  May 20th. Moon Virgo. First Quarter. Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

      Friday,   May 21st Moon Virgo.  Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

      Saturday,   May 22nd. Moon Libra. Richard Wagner born 1813.

                                                ***** ****

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:

      Brilliant VENUS has now become an 'evening star' and is seen in the West above the setting sun. The crescent moon is close to it Sunday night.

      Reddish MARS is high in the sky, almost directly overhead (at the zenith), at sunset. The Moon is seen close to it Wednesday and Thursday nights.

      SATURN rises in the southeast at sunset. The moon passes close by it Saturday night.

      Message 3 of 3 , May 31 2:36 PM
      • 1 Attachment
      • 93 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

      *******MANTRA # 7*******

      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

      Nun trete du mein Ahnen

      In deine Rechte kraftig ein

      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

      Das in der Sinne Schein

      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out,

      To World-Light mightily drawn.

      Now enter you, my foreboding,

      Into your rightful place forcefully,

      Restore for me Thinking’s Might

      That in the Senses’ Shine

      Would lose itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

         The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. The past few weeks we can feel that spiritual essence working as
      being like our souls spread out in external space. But nown the spiritual
      force of the light is SO strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a
      feeling of anxiety about what is to come in the future grows in us, to keep us from being only in this present moment--- preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the senses.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday June 1st. Moon Leo.  Nicodemus.

      Monday June 2nd. Moon Leo.   Erasmus.

      Tuesday June 3rd. Moon Leo.
       Clotilde.

      Wednesday June 4th. Moon Virgo. Karpasius.

      Thursday June 5th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.   Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

      Friday June 6th. Moon Libra.
      Julian the Apostate born 331.

      Saturday June 7th. Moon Libra. Lucian.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Brilliant Jupiter is now high in the West beneath the Twins at sunset and sets a short while later. The crescent moon appears close to it tonight ( Saturday May 31st) and Sunday night. Mars is high in the south at sunset, a brilliant yellow-red now because close to the earth; the moon will be seen near it next Saturday night, June 7th. To the left of it is the bright star Spica (the ear of corn held by Virgo the Virgin).  Dimmer yellowish Saturn follows Mars and Spica up in the southeast; the moon will pass by it Monday and Tuesday of next week, June 9th and 10th. Thus the moon this week and next is an excellent guide to finding the planets in the early evening sky.