    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2009

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
      A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      *MANTRA #5*

      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen

      In Raume fruchtbar webend

      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:

      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen

      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein

      Und auferstanden

      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps

      Weaving in Space bearing its fruit

      The Gods’ Shaping is revealed :

      In it shines the Soul’s Essence

      Widened to World-Existence

      And resurrected

      Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

      *******An interpretation:

        The working of the Sun in the springtime growth of the plants and all the awakening of Nature we experience now, reveals the Divine rising up from the invisible spiritual depths into materiality.

        We can feel when we behold this, that this spiritual essence working is similar to our own inner soul feelings--- that it is like our feelings would be if set free from any limitation by the Ego, sprouting joyously all about us in external space.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Gordian.

       .

      Monday, May 11th. Moon Sagittarius.  Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

      .

      Tuesday, May 12th. Moon Capricorn.  Pancratius.

      .

      Wednesday, May 13th. Moon Capricorn. Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

      .

      Thursday, May 14th. Moon Aquarius.  Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

       .

      Friday, May 15th. Moon Aquarius.  Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

      Saturday, May 16th. Moon Aquarius..  Sarah. Suzanne.

      PLANETS: Saturn is visible in the East from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.