Soul Calendar, Week 40

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2001
      Here is the 40th week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52

      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)

      events occurring within one in the course of the year, 12 images of the

      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the

      cosmos in the day and the Moon's position in those constellations for

      each night, for sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and

      other spiritual figures & events for specific days of the week.

      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:

      * M A N T R A # 4 0 *
      Und bin ich in den Geistestiefen,
      Erfüllt in meinen Seelengrunden
      Aus herzens Liebewelten,
      Der Eigenheiten leerer Wahn
      Sich mit dem Weltenwortes Feuerkraft.

      And when I am in the Spirit-Deeps,
      Fulfilled in my Soul's Ground
      Out of Heart's Love-World
      The selfhood's empty illusion
      Is with the World-Word's Fire-Strength.

      The anthroposophic path uses mantras to instill Inspiration or "spiritual
      hearing". The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into
      its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language
      and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step
      to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can
      easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:

      Last week we experienced the Spiritual Light in us growing in clarity of
      thinking, and this clear thinking giving to us a feeling of Self. This week
      this otherwise illusory feeling of Self is fulfilled by the fiery power of
      the Word that creates the World deep within us, as we experience the depths
      of Love within our human spirits.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Capricornus
      from Jan. 5th to Feb. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Goat done
      from Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment.
      The Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night,
      along with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for
      contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar

      Sunday January 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Eusebius.

      Monday January 22nd. Moon Sagittarius. Francis Bacon von Verulam born
      1561. Lessing born 1729. Byron born 1788. Ampere born 1775.

      Tuesday January 23rd. Moon Capricornus. Wedding Anniversary of Mary &

      Wednesday January 24th. Moon Capricornus. New Moon. Day of St. Timothy
      (School of Paul, stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against
      the worship of Diana).

      Thursday January 25th. Moon Aquarius. Anniversary of Paul’s Conversion on
      the Way to Damascus. Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

      Friday January 26th. Moon Aquarius. Polycarp (School of the Evangelist
      John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

      Saturday January 27th. Moon Pisces. John Chrysostom (Bishop to
      Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally,
      burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775. 1814 Fichte died. 1808
      David Friedrich Strauss born.

      *******Dr. Starman