    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2009

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
      A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, red) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      * M A N T R A # 3 *

      Es spricht zum Weltenall,

      Sich Selbst vergessend

      Und seines Urstands eingedenk,

      Des Menschen wachsend Ich:

      In dir, befreiend nich,

      Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,

      Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

      There speaks to the World-All,

      Of Self forgetful

      And of its Primal state one in thinking,

      Man’s waxing “I”:

      ‘In you, freeing me

      From my Selfhood’s chains,

      I penetrate to my true Essence’.

         An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

          The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2 of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the senses, the plants springing forth and so on.

         This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction between self and Self, or the little ego

      and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal

      Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel these two 'selves' distinctly different,  feel this deep True Self is

      now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

         In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the

      World-All. In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little 'self'), I penetrate (dig down deep into) my True Essence (Being, Self---I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' is the source of it).

      Sunday, April 26th. Moon Gemini.  Uhland born 1787.

      Monday, April 27th. Moon Gemini.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Tuesday, April 28th. Moon Cancer.   Eusebius.

      Wednesday, April 29th. Moon Cancer.   The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

      Thursday, April 30th. Moon Leo.  Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

      Friday, May 1st. Moon Leo. First Quarter.  Walpurgis.

      Saturday, May 2nd. Moon Leo.  Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      PLANETS: Saturn is visible in the East from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

      Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.