Calendar of the Soul, Week 2

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 7:41 PM

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
      A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, red) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      * M A N T R A #  2 *

      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

      Es finden Geisteswelten

      Den Menschensprossen wieder,

      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

      Doch seine Seelenfrucht

      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses

      Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

      The Spiritual Worlds find

      The offspring of Man again,

      Whose seed is in them

      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,

      Within itself.

          The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by

      our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking

      thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this IS

      the spiritual world itself finding ITSELF through US.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, April 19th. Moon Aquarius.  Darwin died 1882.

      Monday, April 20th. Moon Pisces. Sulpicius.

      Tuesday, April 21st. Moon Pisces. Mohammed born 571.

      Wednesday, April 22nd. Moon Aries.   Kant born 1724.

      Thursday, April 23rd. Moon Aries.   George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shakespeare born 1564.

      Friday, April 24th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Sigmund.

      Saturday, April 25th. Moon Taurus.  Mark the Evangelist.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         SATURN can be seen amongst the stars of the Lion, in the southeast at sunset.

      Windows Live™: Life without walls. Check it out.