Upon Earth

  • carynlouise24
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 11:11 PM
      - I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. I am the God of the Living and not the God of the Dead -

      The Gospel of St. John
      Third Lecture
      5th March, 1906

      'It was always so when Jesus spoke intimately with his disciples.

      That it was so, is especially revealed in the scene known as the transfiguration.

      It is, however, not in the John Gospel. We find it in the seventeenth chapter of St. Matthew and in the ninth chapter of St. Mark. In St. John it is not to be found.

      The only reference that could have any relation to it is the passage in the twelfth chapter, verse 28:

      `Father glorify thy name.'

      Then came there a voice from heaven saying, `I have both glorified it and will glorify it again.'

      And further in verse 31: `Now is the judgment of this world. Now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth will draw all men unto me.'

      Thus he said, signifying what death he should die. The people answered him,

      `We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever, and how sayest thou: the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?'

      Then Jesus said unto them, `Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.'

      Father, Thy Will be done upon Earth.