To The List

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 25, 2009

      To the members of the Steiner list:

      Please forgive my lack of activity here on this list for the past few weeks.  The truth is that I am very disappointed at its lack of use by its members and see very little reason to put much time into it.  I have been managing this list for seven years now and have tried various approaches to stimulating its use for conversation about spiritual science.  Its members never seem to wish to do anything much along these lines.  The most I feel I have been able to accomplish is to keep this list from degenerating into the mindless babble, political ranting or completely false imitations of true spiritual science that fill most of the other online lists I have seen.  I thought a start could be made with at least annually getting the group to study something together online, as is the tradition among real anthroposophical groups during the 12 holy nights, and we did this every Christmas for a number of years; but the last two years it became obvious there was little interest in doing this and so I declined to attempt it this past Christmas, having a real group to do so with now.  Since time and the cycle of the year is a particular study of mine, I have been sending out the weekly mantra of Dr. Steiner's Calendar of the Soul for years now, but every time I skip a week no one seems to notice --- which means no one is using them.

         Perhaps the time is not yet right to do what I've been trying to do with this medium. I didn't start this group, I simply found it shortly after it was started and then was asked to moderate it by the owner when he moved to a location where Internet access would not be easy for him. As I have said many times, one obvious obstacle is the stubborn refusal of most of the group's members to receive these e-mails in real time in their mailboxes, which makes real conversation impossible except between the three or four people who apparently post here regularly.  {If I were starting a group I would not allow people to set their preferences to where they come to the web site to read the mail whenever their fancy strikes them, which effectively reduces most people to lurkers.}  Also, shortly after taking over this group, it was migrated to Yahoo which then began restricting images attached to the e-mails for illustration and also stopped keeping the illustrations with the stored e-mails, reducing us to the Ahrimanic dead letter. For whenever reason or combination of reasons, I don't feel anything is being accomplished with this group whatsoever and so I haven't felt very motivated to give it much of my time.

         If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do with this group, speak up.  It's a shame to waste this amazing new technology but that's all I see this group as, is a waste.  Don't any of you several hundred members have anything you want to do with this communication medium? If so, say so.  As for me, I have my astrology practice and 2 businesses I run and an anthroposophic study group in the real world, as well and a number of new endeavors beginning. If we were exchanging useful information here about anthroposophical medicine or nutrition or education or bio-dynamic agriculture or astrosophy or art or music, I would make the time to participate; but it does nothing for me and I fear, nothing for anyone else either. But the list belongs to its members, so let's hear from you.

    • carol
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 26, 2009

        Starman: «Please forgive my lack of activity here on this list for the past few weeks.»

        Please forgive my absence – but these times we are living can get pretty intense as you may well know through your Athroposophical  readings and studies  –  and as a result, I've been busy 'working' things through with other Anthroposophists, on other lists.

        S: «The truth is that I am very disappointed at its lack of use by its members and see very little reason to put much time into it.  I have been managing this list for seven years now and have tried various approaches to stimulating its use for conversation about spiritual science. Its members never seem to wish to do anything much along these lines.»

        I came to this list, not so long ago, to be able to share, on the soul level -  what each individual 'here' might spontaneously wish or need to share, at any given moment, because of the fact that they are either Anthroposophists in need of sharing and/or socializing, or that they simply feel very attracted to it's truths.

        S: «The most I feel I have been able to accomplish is to keep this list from degenerating into the mindless babble, political ranting or completely false imitations of true spiritual science that fill most of the other online lists I have seen.»

        I'm not interested in confronting you on this issue for the simple reason that, if local and international outward events of our immediate times where not so tumultuous, I might appreciate coming over and 'listening' to how YOUR soul expresses genuine care for Anthrophosophy- but at the moment, I am compelled, by the very fact that I am an Anthroposophist, to 'listen' to what is taking place in the outside world. It's actually important for my spiritual education, especially if I can share what details I take note of, with other 'like oriented' Anthroposophists. I don't feel comfortable doing this kind of 'study' here, on this list, so I thought to wait until events in the outside world calm down or stablelize a little more .. .

        Having said this, I do appreciate the way you stand guard over Anthroposophy -against 'imposters' or Anthroposophists who may come to unintentionaly or intentionaly compromize it's spiritual path.

        S: «I thought a start could be made with at least annually getting the group to study something together online, as is the tradition among real anthroposophical groups during the 12 holy nights, and we did this every Christmas for a number of years; but the last two years it became obvious there was little interest in doing this and so I declined to attempt it this past Christmas, having a real group to do so with now.»

        I currently belong to an 'in person' study group which gets together once a month; and would you believe it, I had to skip the last meeting – I was busy studying with what was taking place in the world (for heaven's sake, during the holy nights ) and subsequently impressing 'information' into our collective soul fabric – as well, the weather also prevented me

        S: «Since time and the cycle of the year is a particular study of mine, I have been sending out the weekly mantra of Dr. Steiner's Calendar of the Soul for years now, but every time I skip a week no one seems to notice --- which means no one is using them.»

        I check them when I'm experiencing 'quiet/calm' times.

        S: « Perhaps the time is not yet right to do what I've been trying to do with this medium. I didn't start this group, I simply found it shortly after it was started and then was asked to moderate it by the owner when he moved to a location where Internet access would not be easy for him. As I have said many times, one obvious obstacle is the stubborn refusal of most of the group's members to receive these e-mails in real time in their mailboxes, which makes real conversation impossible except between the three or four people who apparently post here regularly.  {If I were starting a group I would not allow people to set their preferences to where they come to the web site to read the mail whenever their fancy strikes them, which effectively reduces most people to lurkers.} »

        I understand your concern but it seems that lurkers might benefit from looking in from time to time - as well, it must be good for timid newcomers to Anthroposophy, that is, to be able to ' look in' and see how Anthroposophists express thoughts about various topics - as well, how Anthroposophy 'lives' through their expressed thoughts.

        I know from a few other lists I've used that 'active exchanges' between Anthroposophist 'works wonders' in the soul realm - but I won't elaborate on this because it's too manifold a phenomena to venture discussing.

        S: «Also, shortly after taking over this group, it was migrated to Yahoo which then began restricting images attached to the e-mails for illustration and also stopped keeping the illustrations with the stored e-mails, reducing us to the Ahrimanic dead letter. For whenever reason or combination of reasons, I don't feel anything is being accomplished with this group whatsoever and so I haven't felt very motivated to give it much of my time.»

        You know, Dunward, I think people are generally 'shrunken' by what's occuring in the world around them. We're basically 10 yrs into a Soratic surge and that's NOT nothing. If you try taking an 'overview' of what may have 'pressed itself downward' onto Western Society ( or knowing was is pressing down on peoples of the East) over the last 10 years – you'll see that there has been tremendeous pressure exerted on the regular every day person.

        S: «If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do with this group, speak up.  It's a shame to waste this amazing new technology but that's all I see this group as, is a waste....»

        Well, had you or anyone posted something which I 'felt' was extremely relevent or compelling, over the last couple of months, I would have responded, I believe. I actually responded to Robert's post, on another list. And, I was busy 'protecting' the Anthroposophical spiritual force on yet another list, where the moderators felt they were entitled to use Anthroposophy to defend 'Obama' from critism...

        Anyways,  I glad you 'came out'  to speak.  Carol.

      • carol
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 28, 2009

          Starman: «If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do with this group, speak up.  It's a shame to waste this amazing new technology but that's all I see this group as, is a waste....»

          Hi Starman,  there's something that interests me which I think you have develop knowledge about -  having to do with astrological signs.  It goes as follows:  in addition to what can be ascertained through contemplating the  astrological 'plates' accompanying the 'calender of the soul' segments,  is it possible for you to elaborate a little further on the general caracteristics of  personality types belonging to given astrological signs.

          I attended a fairly simplistic lecture on this topic a few months ago and found that it has helped me,   not only towards exercising  increased tolerence and/or understanding when dealing with various personality types,  but it also has me more awe struck when I witness  how these distinct 'astrological personality types' come to expression, in real time.

          As well,  I'm wondering if there are specific lectures at the 'RS. archives' which directly address this question.

          There was another thing I wanted to add,  having to do with your original post, under the  title listed above.

          What I've noticed through my own actions and through having observed how 'posts' seem to pop up on other lists, is that there are indeed a number of people who come to read the posts,  out of curiosity, but  do not necessarily bother poting a response.

          So, having to do with this observation,  I think you,  Starman, should feel absolutely free to go ahead and  'teach' whatever Anthroposophical matter you wish,  through this yahoo group - for the simple reason that you would be guaranteed an audience - and likely an appreciative one,  even if the responses wouldn't show up to confirm this.

          good day, Carol.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2009

            I can't seem to stay away from investigating what an ordinary 20/1st centuryTV conditioned mind might label  ''unhappy' subject matter -  well,  seeing as I really am an Anthroposophist and DO take Rudolf Steiner's warnings about being attentive to 'signs of the times' around the  turn of the century quite seriously, on the very personal and  intimate level -  I just keep digging and sorting through,  day in and day out,  all around me and within me...

            A few months ago my attention was momentarily turned towards  the 14th century  "Black Death" event.

            (Also Known As:
            The Plague, the Black Plague, the Pestilence, the Great Mortality Date: 1320-1352 though concentrated in the latter 1340s to the beginning of the 50s.)

            It wasn't really the 'apocalyptic' quality of this event,  isolated as it were in human history,  which caught  my attention,  but more the fact that this horrific event occured just over a decade following the 'spiritual event' appently recongnized within Anthroposophic circles as the 2nd Soratic surge   (2 x 666 = 1332).  We have currently traversed a decade of a 3rd Soratic surge,  which is identified by a 3 x 666 = 1998, in years.

            I know this is tough stuff to deal with,  heck, just raising one's head to 'capture' the angelic realm today has become so,  so difficult -  aside  this,  this morning I went about 'searching through'   the  14th century pestilence period a little,  and discovered that some people of the period remarked having witnessed 'comet' activity which they convinced,  'infected' the air.   (I'm very interested in this fact.)

            At the same time,  the Parisian clergy noted the following 'astrological' caracteristics as being of extreme significance.   Could Starman or anyone else comment on this genuine 14th century 'dark age' interpretation ?

            https://eee.uci.edu/clients/bjbecker/PlaguesandPeople/week2a.html

            HISTORY 135F

            Plagues and People
            Infectious and Epidemic Disease in History

            SPRING QUARTER, 2005
            Department of History
            University of California, Irvine
             Instructor:    Dr. Barbara J. Becker

            Week 2.  Commerce

            excerpt from
            Report on the Cause of the Plague
            by the University of Paris Medical Faculty
            October 1348

            Seeing things which cannot be explained, even by the most gifted intellects, initially stirs the human mind to amazement; but after marvelling, the prudent soul next yields to its desire for understanding and, anxious for its own perfection, strives with all its might to discover the causes of the amazing events.  For there is within the human mind an innate desire to seize on goodness and truth....

            To attain this end we have listened to the opinions of many modern experts on astrology and medicine about the causes of the epidemic which has prevailed since 1345....

            We, the masters of the faculty of medicine at Paris ... have decided to compile, with God's help, a brief compendium of the distant and immediate causes of the present universal epidemic ... and of wholesome remedies; drawing on the opinions of the most brilliant ancient philosophers and modern experts, astronomers as well as doctors of medicine....

            We say that the distant and first cause of this pestilence was and is the configuration of the heavens.  In 1345, at one hour after noon on 20 March, there was a major conjunction of three planets in Aquarius.  This conjunction, along with other earlier conjunctions and eclipses, by causing a deadly corruption of the air around us, signifies mortality and famine....

            Aristotle testifies that this is the case in his book Concerning the causes of the properties of the elements, in which he says that mortality of races and the depopulation of kingdoms occur at the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter, for great events then arise, their nature depending on the trigon in which the conjunction occurs....

            Conjunctions of Saturn and Jupiter (1300-1490)

            Date
            Constellation
            Right Ascension
            hrs        mins
             1.   4-1306
            Virgo/Libra
            13    50
             2.   5-1324
            Taurus
             5    10
             3.   3-1345
            Aquarius
            23    30
             4. 10-1365
            Libra
            14    20
             5. 10-1384
            Gemini
             6    00
             6.   1-1405
            Aquarius
            21    50
             7.   3-1425
            Libra
            15    00
             8.   7-1444
            Gemini 6    45
             9.   4-1464Aquarius22    30
            10. 11-1484Libra/Scorpio15    30

            __________

            Conjunctions of Saturn and Jupiter (1300-1490)
            depicted graphically

            Albertus Magnus ... says that the conjunction of Mars and Jupiter causes a great pestilence in the air, especially when they come together in a hot, wet sign, as was the case in 1345.  For Jupiter, being wet and hot, draws up evil vapors from the earth and Mars, because it is immoderately hot and dry, then ignites the vapors, and as a result there were lightnings, sparks, noxious vapors and fires throughout the air.

            These effects were intensified because Mars--a malevolent planet, breeding anger and wars--was in the sign of Leo from 6 October 1347 until the end of May this year, along with the head of the dragon, and because all these things are hot they attracted many vapors; which is why the winter was not as cold as it should have been.  And Mars was also retrograde and therefore attracted many vapors from the earth and sea which, when mixed with the air, corrupted its substance.

            The path of Mars (October 1994-August 1995) showing its retrograde motion in the constellation Leo from January 4 to March 25 1995.

            Mars was also looking upon Jupiter with a hostile aspect, that is to say quartile, and that caused an evil disposition or quality in the air, harmful and hateful to our nature.  This state of affairs generated strong winds ... which gave rise to excess heat and moisture on the earth; although in fact it was the dampness which was most marked in our part of the world.  And this is enough about the distant or universal cause for the moment.

            Although major pestilential illnesses can be caused by the corruption of water or food, as happens at times of famine and infertility, yet we still regard illnesses proceeding from the corruption of the air as much more dangerous.  This is because bad air is more noxious than food or drink in that it can penetrate quickly to the heart and lungs to do its damage.  We believe that the present epidemic or plague has arisen from air corrupt in its substance and not changed in its attributes.  By which we wish it be understood that air, being pure and clear by nature, can only become putrid or corrupt by being mixed with something else, that is to say, with evil vapors.

            What happened was that the many vapors which had been corrupted at the time of the conjunction were drawn up from the earth and water, and were then mixed with the air and spread abroad by frequent gusts of wind in the wild southerly gales, and because of these alien vapors which they carried, the winds corrupted the air in its substance, and are still doing so.  And this corrupted air, when breathed in, necessarily penetrates to the heart and corrupts the substance of the spirit there and rots the surrounding moisture, and the heat thus caused destroys the life force, and this is the immediate cause of the present epidemic.

            And moreover these winds, which have become so common here, have carried among us ... bad, rotten and poisonous vapors from elsewhere:  from swamps, lakes and chasms, for instance, and also (which is even more dangerous) from unburied or unburnt corpses--which might well have been a cause of the epidemic.  Another possible cause of corruption, which needs to be borne in mind, is the escape of the rottenness trapped in the center of the earth as a result of earthquakes--something which has indeed recently occurred.  But the conjunctions could have been the universal and distant cause of all these harmful things, by which air and water have been corrupted....

            We must ... emphasize that although, because everyone has to breathe, everyone will be at risk from the corrupted air, not everyone will be made ill by it but only those, who will no doubt be numerous, who have a susceptibility to it; and very few indeed of those who do succumb will escape.

            The bodies most likely to take the stamp of this pestilence are those which are hot and moist, for they are the most susceptible to putrefaction.  The following are also more at risk:  Bodies bunged up with evil humors, because the unconsumed waste matter is not being expelled as it should; those following a bad life style, with too much exercise, sex and bathing; the thin and weak, and persistent worriers; babies, women and young people; and corpulent people with a ruddy complexion.  However those with dry bodies, purged of waste matter, who adopt a sensible and suitable regimen, will succumb to the pestilence more slowly. "

            Thanks,  carol.

          • carol
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2009

              I don't find myself exercising arrogance in any way by thinking that the 'great man' referred to in this example of prophetic passages would be the man we have come to be  familiar with, the one who gathered many around himself in his day, in order  to firmly  establish the  Anthroposophical society/movement.

              "...Through towering hills proud men shall ride,
              no horse or ass move by his side.
              Beneath the water, men shall walk,
              shall ride, shall sleep, shall even talk.
              And in the air men shall be seen,
              In white and black and even green.
              A great man, shall come and go
              for prophecy declares it so... "

              http://www.pyramidtlc.org/mother.htm

              "This rare collection of Mother Shipton's Prophecies was sent to us by a Nexus reader who told us that , 30 years ago, she painstakingly transcribed them and managed to smuggle them out of the Mitchell library, Sydney, now the State Library of New south Wales.

              The originals were kept in a locked room, along with many other volumns of prophetic writings deemed unsuitable for viewing by the general public.

              Mother Shipton reputedly was born Ursula Sontheil in 1488 in Norfolk, England, and died in 1561. She exhibited prophetic and psychic abilities from an early age. At 24 married to Toby Shipton, she eventually became known as Mother Shipton. Many of her visions came true within her own lifetime and in subsequent centuries. These rare verses from Mother Shipton seem to have prophetic indications for our times, but, of course, are open to interpretation. "

            • Andrew Linnell
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 16, 2009
                Carol,

                Fascinating post - thank you!
                I am new to this group but not to Anthroposophy.
                In my Templar studies, I came upon something I'd like to share
                concerning 666.
                If we ask how long from a 666 cycle (Soratic Surge) does it take
                before the event is felt and noticed on earth, it would appear to be
                14 years. We find (warning: this is my research, not Steiner's) in

                680(666 + 14): astral body attack. 6th Ecumenical Council of
                Constantinople to dogmatize the human and divine wills of Jesus -
                Jesus has 2 wills and 2 natures (divine and human). Declares
                monothelitism (1 will and nature) a heresy. Separation of Sunnis and
                Shias. Building Al-Aksa Mosque on the Temple Mount begins 687. I did
                not find the exact date but during this reign of the archangel
                Zachariel, Oriphiel leads other arch-angels in a "revolt" over
                Intelligence. Zachariel, the Time Spirit in this age, has pulled
                back from full engagement by 869 although he had several decades to
                go.

                1346 (666*2 + 14): etheric body attack. Black Plague (1346 – 1351).
                Note the Knights Templars downfall began in 1307 and completed in
                1312. 1332 is 20 years ahead. 1332 + 20 = 1352 when the Plague ends.

                2012 (666*3 + 14): physical body attack. completion of "25,920 yr."
                cosmic year) in Mayan and Hopi calendars is 12/21/2012. By 2012 we
                likely will have the first bio-genetically engineered human and the
                start of parent-designed babies.

                Fear not the Future,
                Andrew
              • carol
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 4, 2009

                  Thank you for your response Andrew.

                  As you can see,  it took me a while to 'come around' and  be able to comfortably assimilate the content of your contribution,  and then post my own response.

                  I believe the delay  has to do my being distracted by the  various  profound world movements/struggles taking place at this point in time - and ones which I believe are seting underlying determining 'configurations'  to which  our collective  humanity will be subject  for many generations to come.

                  My idea is that a distinct enough division in fundamental 'philosophy'  is being sunken to an ever deeper level in living souls today,  and that this will come to reflect itself not so much in the way in which people exchange ideas,  but more in the way in which people 'expect' society to organize itself.

                  Major 'clash' is what I have in mind and I think this has to do, not so much with one 'group' 'choosing to support materialistic 'advantage' over other more sensient living souls, but more about a deeply  rooted choice  to 'wait out' on the quality of TRUTH which is now pressing itself into the souls of  living beings,   from spiritual heights.

                  If I were to present one evident example of how a potential for  a deeply rooted 'clash' is 'set in stone' ,  so to speak,   I would only have to consider the fact that pretty much throughout the last decade,  environmental manipulation of the highest 'scientific' degree has become commonplace.

                  And basically,   I would only have to look up to the sky !

                  Aerosol Crimes - AKA Chemtrails

                  http://dprogram.net/2009/02/16/film-aerosol-crimes-aka-chemtrails/

                  As we advance past the 10 yr mark of a Soratic Surge, the issue  of human beings  wishing to adapt to either TRUTH or  LIE is almost rediculously animated ...  (re. human force of Will)

                  Andrew,  thanks for pointing out the  marking event of 2014.

                  Carol.