Soul-Calendar, Week 38: CHRISTMAS

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2008
      ******* Because we start with the first mantra on Easter Sunday, which changes its date each year (varying from the end of March to the end of April), this week's is the Christmas mantra even though Christmas is still 2 weeks away on the typical calendar. But Christmas is a season, not a day.
      -starman

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st to January 4th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 8 (CHRISTMAS) *

      Ich fuhle wie entzaubert

      Das Geisteskind im Seelenschoss;

      Es hat in Herzenshelligkeit

      Gezeugt das heilige Weltenwort

      Der Hoffnung Himmelsfrucht,

      Die jubelnd wachst in Weltenfernen

      Aus meines Wesens Gottesgrund.

      "I feel set free from a spell

      The Spirit-Child in Soul's Womb;

      It has in Heart's Clear Light

      Begotten the holy World-Word

      Of Hope the Heavens' Fruit,

      To joyously grow into World-Farnesses

      Out of my Essence's God-Ground."

         We give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, December 7th. Moon Aries.   First German railroad opened 1835.

      Monday, December 8th. Moon Aries.  Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).

          Herbert Spencer died 1903.

      Tuesday, December 9th. Moon Taurus. Poet Milton born 1608.

      Wednesday, December 10th. Moon Taurus. 1520 Luther burns Papal Bull..

      Thursday, December 11th. Moon Gemini. Full Moon. 1843 Robert Koch born.

      Friday, December 12th. Moon Gemini. Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

      Saturday, December 13th Moon Cancer. Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER and VENUS are the bright white 'stars' in the southwest at sunset; Venus is the brighter one. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after the sun and moon. Venus appears further east, moving right to left, away from Jupiter, each night.

      Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.