Soul-Calendar, Week 37: WINTER

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30 3:11 PM

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st to January 4th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 7 (WINTER)  *

      Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht

      Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb

      Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime

      In Weltengrunden wurzeln

      Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel

      Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

      "To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,

      Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive

      That light-filled Soul-Seeds

      In World-Ground take root

      And God's Word in Senses' Darkness

      Makes clear all Being it resounds through."

            Last week, the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed (through use of the mantra), saying that, if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others.

          This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the mantric work we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darknesss of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

      Sunday, November 30th. Moon Capricorn  1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

      Monday, December 1st. Moon Capricorn.   Longinus.

      Tuesday, December 2nd. Moon Aquarius.  Cortez d. 1547.

      Wednesday, December 3rd. Moon Aquarius.  St. Francis Xavier.

      Thursday, December 4th. Moon Pisces. Thomas Carlyle b. 1795. Galvani d. 1798.

      Friday, December 5th. Moon Pisces. First Quarter.  Mozart died 1791.

      Saturday, December 6th Moon Aries.  Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.)  Max Muller the Orientalist born 1833.

         JUPITER and VENUS are the bright white 'stars' in the southwest at sunset; Venus is the lower and brighter one. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. The crescent moon is near both Sunday night and then appears further east, moving right to left, away from them, each night.

      Dr. Starman

      Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.