Soul-Calendar, Week 35 after Easter.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to Nov. 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 5  *

      Kann ich das Sein erkennen

      Dass es sich wiederfindet

      Im Seelenschaffensdrange?

      Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n

      Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst

      Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

      Can I so know Existence

      That it is found again

      In my Soul's Creative Urge?

      I feel that Might is lent me

      For my Self to live at one with

      and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

      Some help to interpreting this week's mantra:

          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to outer, summer "Nature-Consciounes s") grows.

          Last week, we found within this growing self-consciousness the World's power flowing into our deeds in such a way that the self could imprint its nature onto the world.

         This week the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be at one with the world.

      Sunday, November 16th. Moon Cancer
      . Edmund (King of England).
      Monday, November 17th. Moon Leo. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

      Tuesday, November 18h. Moon Leo. 1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

      Wednesday, November 19h. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.  Zacharius.

      Thursday, November 20. Moon Virgo. Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.

      Friday, November 21st. Moon Virgo. Festival of the Offering of Mary.

      Saturday, November 22nd. Moon Libra. 1694 Voltaire born.

         JUPITER and VENUS are the bright white 'stars' in the southwest at sunset; Venus is the lower one. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com

      Get 5 GB of storage with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.