Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to Nov. 30th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend
      mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old,
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      Some help to interpreting this week's mantra:
            Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to outer, summer "Nature-Consciouness") grows.

          Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the outer world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and saw likewise that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

          Now, we find within our new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of past experience again coming to life --- and thus the World's power (working on within us) now consciously flows into the deeds of our lives in such a way that the Self can imprint its nature onto the world.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 9th. Moon Aries.
       Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

      Monday, November 10th. Moon Aries. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

      Tuesday, November 11th. Moon Taurus.  St. Martin's Day.

      Wednesday, November 12th. Moon Taurus.  Full Moon.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

      Thursday, November 13th. Moon Gemini. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Friday, November 14th. Moon Gemini. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Saturday, November 15th. Moon Cancer.  Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset. To its right in the southern sky may be seen brilliant Venus, the 'evening star' above the setting sun. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct.

      Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 50 KB

      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from November 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend
      mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
      self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the
      world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead
      wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be
      dead. Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
      mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life,
      and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in
      such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 29th. Moon Taurus.   Alexander.

      Monday,  November 30th. Moon Taurus.  1756 The Physicist Chladni born.

      Tuesday,  December 1st. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.    Longinus.

      Wednesday,  December 2nd. Moon Gemini.  Cortez d. 1547.

      .

      Thursday,  December 3rd. Moon Cancer. St. Francis Xavier.

       .

      Friday,   December 4th. Moon Cancer.  Thomas Carlyle b. 1795. Galvani d. 1798.

      Saturday,   December 5th . Moon Leo.   Mozart died 1791.

                                 ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *

      PLANETS in the Night Sky:  Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southwestern sky from sunset till midnight, still ruling the night sky. Mars rises in the east about midnight.

      Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 57 KB

          Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                             *******
                  THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign (one of 5 shades of purple we can't yet actually perceive), is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend
      mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      This week's mantra:
           Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows.

          Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

          Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life, and thus the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of life in such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.

                THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, November 21st. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.   Festival of the Offering of Mary.

      Monday,  November 22nd.  Moon Gemini.  1694 Voltaire born.

      Tuesday,  November 23rd. Moon Cancer. Clemens (the companion of Paul).

      Wednesday,   November 24thMoon Cancer.  1632 Spinoza born.

      Thursday,   November 25thMoon Cancer.  1814 the Physicist J. R. Mayer born.

      Friday,    November 26th. Moon Leo.  Alexander.

      Saturday,    November 27th. Moon Leo.  1701 Celsius born.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
      Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

      Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011
      • 1 Attachment
      • 240 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

              THE ZODIAC IMAGE
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

       *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (instead of Outer World consciousness)grows.

          Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation in it, as an icy, dead wasteland --- and saw that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

          Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of past experience--- all we have brought with us from our whole past life--- again come to life; and the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of our life in such a way that the Self can imprint its nature onto the world.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, December 11th. Moon Cancer.   1843 Robert Koch born.

      Monday,  December 12th. Moon Cancer.   Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

      Tuesday, December 13th. Moon Leo.    Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

      Wednesday,  December 14th. Moon Leo.  Tycho Brahe born 1546.

      Thursday,  December 15th. Moon Virgo.  St. Ignatius.

      Friday,  December 16th. Moon Virgo.   Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

      Saturday,  December 17th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.  Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

      "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises about midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.   The waning (three-quarter) moon  will be seen near it Friday and Saturday late nights.

      FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 8th mantra today.