Re: [steiner] Re- Unknown virus

  • Jeff Auen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2001
      Well, now that I have spent 10 hours and several hundreds of dollars in
      getting rid of the virus, all I can say do not open attachments, (
      unless your Norton Virus is working too notch.) This particular virus
      hides behind normal text emails and one will not know it is there as
      happened to me. I am sorry for the problem but I was blind sided like
      many others to this. I do not know where it can from but I suspect from
      egroups since the attachment was "Altantis screensaver" and then mutated
      to a Readers Digest attachment. Also, all moderators should set up no
      attachment protocols on their egroups sites.

      Jeff
    • Janet
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2001

        Jeff..

        This virus doesn't appear to have affected anybody else's computer...unless they're down and can't tell us :)

        I think there is a spiritual meaning to these viruses, just as there is with computers themselves. Didn't Steiner himself talk about a spider covering the planet? It think it's interesting that this new technology uses words such as spider, net, and web.

        Janet

        Jeff Auen wrote:

        Well, now that I have spent 10 hours and several hundreds of dollars in
        getting rid  of the virus, all I can say do not open attachments, (
        unless your Norton Virus is working too notch.) This particular virus
        hides behind normal text emails and one will not know it is there as
        happened to me. I am sorry for the problem but I was blind sided like
        many others to this. I do  not know where it can from but I suspect from
        egroups since the attachment was "Altantis screensaver" and then mutated
        to a Readers Digest attachment.  Also, all moderators should set up no
        attachment protocols on their egroups sites.

        Jeff

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • Jeff Auen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2001
          That spider web is probably the internet plus wireless transmissions circling the globe; and that is precisely what it may appear like when viewing it from the higher ethers or astral worlds as one looks  into the electro magnetic patterns around the earth. It could be useful imagination. I am finally virus free after 15 agonizing hours of work with a technican.

          Jeff

          Jeff Auen wrote:

          Well, now that I have spent 10 hours and several hundreds of dollars in
          getting rid  of the virus, all I can say do not open attachments, (
          unless your Norton Virus is working too notch.) This particular virus
          hides behind normal text emails and one will not know it is there as
          happened to me. I am sorry for the problem but I was blind sided like
          many others to this. I do  not know where it can from but I suspect from
          egroups since the attachment was "Altantis screensaver" and then mutated
          to a Readers Digest attachment.  Also, all moderators should set up no
          attachment protocols on their egroups sites.

          Jeff

          Post to steiner@egroups.com

          Search the archives of the group at:

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at: