Soul-Calendar, week 32 after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2008

      Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.
      A version of a new symbolic image of the SCALES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich st
      ärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

         Last week, in this ongoing process, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to emerge into the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, to turn the blind urges of the soul into creative forces.

       This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, October 26th. Moon Libra.
       Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).

      Monday, October 27th. Moon Libra. Sabina.

      Tuesday, October 28th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon. Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

      Wednesday, October 29th. Moon Scorpio. Narcissus.

      Thursday, October 30th. Moon Sagittarius. Claudius.

      Friday, October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.

      Saturday, November 1st. Sagittarius   Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

      PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

         JUPITER is the bright white 'star' in the southwest at sunset. To its right in the southern sky may be seen brilliant Venus, the 'evening star' above the setting sun. These are the 2 brightest things in the sky after sun and moon. Venus will get closer and closer to Jupiter every night through late November when they will be conjunct. The first crescent of the new moon should be visible near Venus Friday night, just above the sunset, and then will move from Venus to Jupiter over Monday and Tuesday nights Nov. 3rd & 4th.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman. com